I rarely run out of Conn sousaphone necks (for my LOCAL customers)

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
bloke
Mid South Music

I rarely run out of Conn sousaphone necks (for my LOCAL customers)

Post by bloke »

When they trash their necks beyond repair and I sell them new replacements, I toss theirs in the (yes...I actually have one) neck recycling bin.

Being an ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATIVE - and being concerned about GREEN issues, I believe in recycling. :thumbsup:

The hopelessly trashed parts (ALWAYS: the tubes, obviously) go into the scrap brass (and yes, I have a guy who comes around and picks up scrap metal), and (knowing who/where C-S subcontracts the manufacture of necks/bits 🤐 ) I keep the replacement components on hand that are always trashed, and (when there is a LOCAL customer in need) I build up necks for them.

It probably takes about 35 minutes to stick one together, get it shiny, and shoot it with clear.

They don't look absolutely new - but :eyes: neither do their Conn sousaphones.

He's one I hastily stuck together just before (yeah it's time) lunch.

I've displayed it for you on my Belmonte 24AW Mouthpipe Drying And Display Stand (part # B-24AWD/D-S).

the laptop screen...??
oh...I'm just looking for the best price for spare tubas for "the halls" (perhaps three...??) - you know, where I play in various freeway philharmonics.
We professional symphony cats all have "home" instruments, and duplicate "hall" instruments, you know... :teeth:

EDIT:
My FAVORITE freeway philharmonic (for reasons obviously shown below) is in the medium-sized city where THIS shop is located:

These users thanked the author bloke for the post:
Casca Grossa (Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:14 pm)