King “tuba”

For posting interesting and remarkable deals found on the internet.
greenbean
Damn good stuff

Re: King “tuba”

Post by greenbean »

I have bought a few horns from him, too. Back in my woodwind days. Agreed - he is a straight shooter.

Tom Rice
www.superfinecases.com
Currently playing...
1973 Mirafone 184 BBb
1972 Böhm & Meinl Marzan BBb
bort2.0

Post by bort2.0 »

Good to know. Whenever I have seen these listings, I always thought that they were beat to Shirt, and that the seller knew that they were beat to Shirt, and not trying to make them more or less than what they were. Glad there are some positive experiences!
LargeTuba

Post by LargeTuba »

Dan Schultz wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:35 pm I didn't buy this one but I get a lot of stuff from this seller. He used to be called 'Middleton Recycle'. He canvases schools and buys beaters by the truck load. This particular horn is easily worth it just for the parts if you are into rebuilding King 1240/41 and 2340/41 tubas. He is a square shooter and will answer questions. If I would have bid on this horn my only question would have been "are there any cracks or tears in the bell". I all the bell needed was to be rolled out.... I might have bought it just for the bell, pistons, and slide sets.
I’ve had a different experience with him, he wouldn’t get back to me for any questions, even about shipping. I think I had a dispute with him and even then he didn’t respond.
Pt-6P, Holton 345 CC, 45slp