Chinese mouthpieces

For Tuba/Euphonium retail products and services.

Moderator: Retail Partner

Robert Tucci
RT Mouthpieces
Has thanked: 0

Chinese mouthpieces

Post by Robert Tucci »

A sort of "copy" of one or our mouthpieces has been floating around for years. Aside from the shell shape, these are or very poor quality both in musical qualities, finish and plating. "You get what you pay for" does not apply here; what we have seen is very poor.

Our mouthpieces, RT for the United States and PT for Europe, Middle and South America, the Far East and Australia, are manufactued at our factory here in Germany under my close personal supervision.

The best mouthpiece is the one the player enjoys using, the one that provides the most benefits...

We are living in a challenging times. Look before you leap!

Bob Tucci
Attachments
RT-MP -Res800.jpg
RT-MP -Res800.jpg (67.08 KiB) Viewed 911 times
These users thanked the author Robert Tucci for the post (total 2):
Lch3 (Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:10 am) • the elephant (Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:12 pm)

Three Valves

Re: Chinese tuba mouthpieces

Post by Three Valves »

Robert Tucci wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:09 am A sort of "copy" of one or our mouthpieces has been floating around for years. Aside from the shell shape, these are or very poor quality both in musical qualities, finish and plating. "You get what you pay for" does not apply here; what we have seen is very poor.

Bob Tucci
Your stuff is great and for $99US a great deal too!!

Only problem now is that most/all of the line up for BB/CC tubas are 33mm+ and some of us find that to be just a little too large. Most are also Euro shank.

bloke said the quality of this knock off was not the greatest, that's why he has had it re-plated. :smilie5:
Last edited by Three Valves on Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thought Criminal
Mack Brass Artiste
TU422L with TU25
1964 Conn 36k with CB Arnold Jacobs
Accent (By B&S) 952R with Bach12
The Fourth Estate is the Fifth Column
Three Valves

Re: Chinese tuba mouthpieces

Post by Three Valves »

dupe :gaah:
Thought Criminal
Mack Brass Artiste
TU422L with TU25
1964 Conn 36k with CB Arnold Jacobs
Accent (By B&S) 952R with Bach12
The Fourth Estate is the Fifth Column
bloke
Mid South Music

RT

Post by bloke »

Last edited by bloke on Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Robert Tucci
RT Mouthpieces

RT and PT Shank dimensions

Post by Robert Tucci »

Dear Three Valves,

Many thanks for the flowers.. From experience, models such as the RT-50 and RT-88 work better with a large shank. We do have all models with both large and small shanks as available under the PT brand. These can be supplied as required. The Canadian Brass Heritage Series which we manufacture is entirely S shank. We do have the Arnold Jacobs model in both large and small shank. Other than that, we make the revised RT-64 with both large and small shanks. The Sousapower models, both the SP-3 and the SP-4, have small shanks. There is one exception in the entire parade, the RT/PT-48. This has an intermediate size shank and as above, because it works better that way.

In time we can provide most of the RT models with both shank sizes.

A further comment on the CCC (Cheap Chinese Copy), tubas are long and mouthpieces are short: putting these together and coming up with good results requries much experience.

We soldier on here, waiting for schools to reopen, bands able to once again perform and our concert venues to reopen.

Bob Tucci
These users thanked the author Robert Tucci for the post (total 5):
Three Valves (Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:50 am) • the elephant (Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:14 pm) • BopEuph (Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:06 am) • bort2.0 (Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:29 am) • Billy M. (Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:36 pm)
barry grrr-ero

Re: Chinese mouthpieces

Post by barry grrr-ero »

I love my RT-50+. It's the one I use when I want to rattle the room, but still keep a fairly dark sound. Mr. Tucci clearly understand the B&S line of tubas, which has been a real help to me.

Barry Guerrero