SOLD - Walt Johnson Case

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
TubaCello
Been thanked: 0

SOLD - Walt Johnson Case

Post by TubaCello »

I have a Walt Johnson built-like-a-tank "flight case" I bought used a few years ago and never got around to up-fitting for the two CC or the F horns I've owned since. Not sure what the previous owner shipped with it, but Nirschl 5/4 seems to come to mind.

Interior padding and fabric is all excellent, exterior has scuffs and dings but no damage. The large and excellent latches function very well. The added/modified metal wheel mounts and wheels may appear small and weak but are actually stout and work well, though the big case can be tippy.

I have attached a few pics and have more. Pics show inside dimensions below. “Depth” measurements are from valance edge to case wall. There are also what I would call "pillow" pads where I show a depth measurement from valance edge to the top of pillow then an additional "thickness" measurement of the pillow itself from top to bottom.

I recently tried out my Eastman 6/4 in the case, I aligned the horn where the red lines are in dimension photo, it worked fine overall except bell rim was a little close to the outside edge, but I think padding could be modified to adjust it inward to accommodate it very well.

Good STRONG case priced at $400, the case is currently in South Dakota, the shipping method is TBD depending on your location (see post below regarding shipping.)

Thanks!
Attachments
20210731_120012.jpg
20210731_120012.jpg (112.27 KiB) Viewed 392 times
TubaCase14.jpg
TubaCase14.jpg (153.56 KiB) Viewed 549 times
TubaCase10.jpg
TubaCase10.jpg (26.74 KiB) Viewed 549 times
TubaCase11.jpg
TubaCase11.jpg (56.42 KiB) Viewed 549 times
TubaCase15.jpg
TubaCase15.jpg (155.27 KiB) Viewed 549 times
TubaCase7.jpg
TubaCase7.jpg (182.07 KiB) Viewed 549 times
TubaCase4.jpg
TubaCase4.jpg (180.57 KiB) Viewed 549 times
Last edited by TubaCello on Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:44 pm, edited 11 times in total.

TubaCello
TubaCello

Re: Walt Johnson Case

Post by TubaCello »

Edited, I meant 5/4 not "4/5"
Last edited by TubaCello on Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
TubaCello
bort2.0

Post by bort2.0 »

Where are you located?
These users thanked the author bort2.0 for the post:
TubaCello (Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:02 pm)
TubaCello

Post by TubaCello »

I am sometimes in Black Hills of South Dakota, sometimes in Boston MA, and sometimes points in-between on the 1900-mi drive.

And I sometimes have access to ship freight at no cost to some areas of the lower 48, but would depend on specific location/schedule/timing.
TubaCello