special sousaphone and special BB-186 Miraphone - will list with pics/prices IF interest is expressed

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
bloke
Mid South Music

special sousaphone and special BB-186 Miraphone - will list with pics/prices IF interest is expressed

Post by bloke »

Sousaphone is 4-valve, fiberglass, and features an expensive trick paint job.
The valveset (under some wild lacquer) has a PERFECT satin silver finish, is dent-free, and is "blueprinted" out to professional stands (pistons, casings, valve alignment, upper #1 slide added) It's a 36K body/bell with a 40K valveset. I might (??) sell the valveset (including 4th branch) alone, but not for a ton less dough. It could be installed/soldered to most any Elkhart production Conn sousaphone body (6/4 or 5/4 BB-flat).

Tuba is a Miraphone 186 special edition (from 2000 - "Millennial Model") with a gold brass bell.

Listing them and doing pictures takes TIME, so I'd prefer to not list them, if there is no interest.

From experience, most know that my prices are NOT cheap, but ARE fair, and my stuff IS GOOD.
These users thanked the author bloke for the post:
Doc (Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:17 am)

Three Valves

Re: special sousaphone and special BB-186 Miraphone - will list with pics/prices IF interest is expressed

Post by Three Valves »

1. Who doesn’t want to see pictures of your stuff?? :clap:

2. When was the last time you listed something here and didn’t sell it?? :huh:
Thought Criminal
Mack Brass Artiste
TU422L with TU25
1964 Conn 36k with CB Arnold Jacobs
Accent (By B&S) 952R with Bach12
The Fourth Estate is the Fifth Column
tubadude

Re: special sousaphone and special BB-186 Miraphone - will list with pics/prices IF interest is expressed

Post by tubadude »

On my last visit to Bloke's place I had an opportunity to play the sousie mentioned above. I was blown away with how easy ALL notes were focused and how punchy the lower partial notes were. I was using my Blokepiece Imperial cup with a Sell #2 33.2 mm rim on a Sell Imperia$ shank.

The sparkly black metal flake paint job was true top shelf. Good luck on the sale old friend.
These users thanked the author tubadude for the post:
Three Valves (Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:07 pm)
TubaDude
1909 King BBb Helicon
1915 York Eb/C Helicon
2022 Franken Helicon CC
192x Franken 5/4 Conn CC
197x Meinl Weston Bill Bell CC
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

I hope I can sandwich in your project fairly soon, or - at least - sort-of soon, and – as the objective is fairly close to being unique, I hope it’s successful.
tubadude wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:08 pm On my last visit to Bloke's place I had an opportunity to play the sousie mentioned above. I was blown away with how easy ALL notes were focused and how punchy the lower partial notes were. I was using my Blokepiece Imperial cup with a Sell #2 33.2 mm rim on a Sell Imperia$ shank.

The sparkly black metal flake paint job was true top shelf. Good luck on the sale old friend.
tubadude

Post by tubadude »

Hey Joe;

When you do the mod on the York, don't forget to unpinch the lead pipe which looked to be severely pinched.

Thank you,
Mike
These users thanked the author tubadude for the post:
bloke (Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:57 pm)
TubaDude
1909 King BBb Helicon
1915 York Eb/C Helicon
2022 Franken Helicon CC
192x Franken 5/4 Conn CC
197x Meinl Weston Bill Bell CC
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

I'm pretty sure the "Millennial Model" (gold brass bell) Miraphone 186 is sold locally to a school.

In a month or so, I may put some pictures up of the sousaphone.

Thanks for the notes asking about these.

If anyone wants details on the sousaphone, feel free to call.

If anyone is looking for a perfect "blueprint" condition satin-silver 1920's 40K (4-piston) valveset (with a moveable/aligned upper #1 slide) to go on a 38K or 20K satin silver body (to convert it to a 4-valve 40K) here's your chance.

The (would be leftover) 36K fiberglass body/bell (with the expensive paint job)...well...you can just find a good condition 3-valve valveset for it, and sell it or keep it for yourself as a 3-valve.

Otherwise, someone might really enjoy having it just as it is as a lightweight custom-paint-job 4-valve large-bore Conn sousaphone that packs a punch.