Wade had better batten down the hatches.

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
bloke
Mid South Music

Re: Wade had better batten down the hatches.

Post by bloke »

Yeah…
Having previously mentioned the great divide between these two groups, it is usually the gullible who don’t understand when they are being presented with satire (rather than the skeptical), so it is we - the skeptical - who readily chuckle at satire - all the while realizing that in order for something (ie. humor) to be funny, there must be at least a kernel (though often: a bushel) of truth found within it.

humBell

Post by humBell »

bloke wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:02 pm Yeah…
Having previously mentioned the great divide between these two groups, it is usually the gullible who don’t understand when they are being presented with satire (rather than the skeptical), so it is we - the skeptical - who readily chuckle at satire - all the while realizing that in order for something (ie. humor) to be funny, there must be at least a kernel (though often: a bushel) of truth found within it.
Kernel, not Colonel of truth?

I thought it was just below a General truth...
These users thanked the author humBell for the post:
bloke (Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:06 pm)
"All art is one." -Hal
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

I suspect it depends on the side you choose…
Someone is going to choose mashed potatoes and gravy, whereas someone else is going to completely ignore that option and go for the green beans.
Some are completely disingenuous, and – as pretty much an in-your-face type of thing – will inevitably demand extra crispy.

humBell wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:27 pm

Casca Grossa

Post by Casca Grossa »

bloke wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:07 pm I suspect it depends on the side you choose…
Someone is going to choose mashed potatoes and gravy, whereas someone else is going to completely ignore that option and go for the green beans.
Some are completely disingenuous, and – as pretty much an in-your-face type of thing – will inevitably demand extra crispy.

Suddenly I am craving extra crispy mashed potatoes with a side of extra crispy green beans.
Mirafone 184 CC
Blokepiece Imperial
Soon to be 5 valve Lignatone/Amati Eb
Blokepiece Solo
humBell

Post by humBell »

bloke wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:07 pm I suspect it depends on the side you choose…

Not gonna watch the clip until i finish the book. (i was 3/4s of the way through when i got distracted some time ago...)
"All art is one." -Hal