13 - and my new favorite thing.

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
Tubaryan12
Has thanked: 0

13 - and my new favorite thing.

Post by Tubaryan12 »

Years ago, a bloke once told me in a chat to just find a pad to sit on when you need something on the supplied seat to achieve the seat height you want, as opposed to bringing a separate chair or stool. I considered this, but could never find a cushion that was up to the challenge.

Finally, I stumbled across polyethylene foam in large sizes in multiple thicknesses. Perfect! Easy to cut, light weight, water and oil resistant. What more could a musician want.
These users thanked the author Tubaryan12 for the post (total 3):
the elephant (Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:25 pm) • rodgeman (Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:11 pm) • windshieldbug (Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:52 pm)

Mary Ann

Re: 13 - and my new favorite thing.

Post by Mary Ann »

Unfortunately what I usually need is the opposite....a chair where my little dangling legs can actually reach the floor. I"m long in the thigh and short in the calf, and I look like a kid sometimes in "adult" chairs with my feet dangling. I often have to sit on the very edge if I want my feet on the floor. However, I'm reasonably comfortable on airplanes....there's a benefit to just about everything if you look hard enough.
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

Mary Ann wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:13 pm Unfortunately what I usually need is the opposite....a chair where my little dangling legs can actually reach the floor. I"m long in the thigh and short in the calf, and I look like a kid sometimes in "adult" chairs with my feet dangling. I often have to sit on the very edge if I want my feet on the floor. However, I'm reasonably comfortable on airplanes....there's a benefit to just about everything if you look hard enough.
chair adjuster:

Three Valves

Post by Three Valves »

Doorbells and sleigh bells and jagrschnitzel with noodles. :drool:
Thought Criminal
Mack Brass Artiste
TU422L with TU25
1964 Conn 36k with CB Arnold Jacobs
Accent (By B&S) 952R with Bach12
The Fourth Estate is the Fifth Column