laskey comparison

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
T.Brunmayr

laskey comparison

Post by T.Brunmayr »

Hi everybody
I have a Question about a laskey 30G
Does anybody know if there are copys or compareable mouthpieces from other manufactures available?

bloke
Mid South Music

Re: laskey comparison

Post by bloke »

I suspect I could come remarkably close in three-piece stainless steel modular, but the pricing would be about $75 more than the Laskey pricing I’ve seen online.
JRaymo

Post by JRaymo »

FWIW I have owned a couple Laskey MPs,

The stainless version Bloke is referring to IMO are better in every way. The many different rim and shank options make it much more versatile. The extra cost is well worth it.
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

This thread need NOT serve as a bloke commercial nor a list of bloke endorsements, but I’ve personally discovered that rim contour is actually more important > to me < than (even) cup shape and (even) cup (rim interior) width, though those things are also quite important - particularly when it comes to matching a mouthpiece with an instrument.

Personally, I’m not fond of the Laskey 30 rim contour, and I’m only tolerant of the original Conn-Geib rim contour. Finally, I actually dislike the original Conn-Geib throat shape and backbore, but I DO find QUITE a few applications for a CUP shape that is (mostly) similar to that original cup shape.
‘nuff said.
YorkNumber3.0

Post by YorkNumber3.0 »