NABBA is this weekend 4-29 & 30-2022

GC

NABBA is this weekend 4-29 & 30-2022

Post by GC »

NABBA is going on this weekend at the Von Braun Center in Huntsville, Alabama. Solo & Ensemble performances are today. Championship section test pieces are tonight, and the rest of the brass band contest is tomorrow.

The full contest program is here in PDF: https://nabba.org/contest-program/. Performance times for bands are on the 4th page down.

Brasspass.tv is livestreaming the bands and will archive the performances. This is especially helpful since the contest is large enough to require two halls operating at the same time, so you can watch whoever you miss at your leisure. A subscription is required; just go to https://brasspass.tv and follow the links to the subscription page. To get a 40% discount on the subscription, use the code NABBA_40.
These users thanked the author GC for the post:
Doc (Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:43 am)

Packer/Sterling JP377 compensating Eb; Mercer & Barker MBUZ5 (Tim Buzbee "Lone ☆ Star" F-tuba mouthpiece), Mercer & Barker MB3; for sale: Conn Monster Eb 1914, Fillmore Bros 1/4 Eb ca. 1905 antique (still plays), Bach 42B trombone
ProAm

Re: NABBA is this weekend 4-29 & 30-2022

Post by ProAm »

I got to attend the championships Saturday evening and heard all the championship section choice pieces. This was my first exposure to brass banding at this level. Very enjoyable! I hope to attend more of it next year and the year after. (my son plays the Brass Band of Huntsville)
GC

Re: NABBA is this weekend 4-29 & 30-2022

Post by GC »

It's addictive, isn't it?
Packer/Sterling JP377 compensating Eb; Mercer & Barker MBUZ5 (Tim Buzbee "Lone ☆ Star" F-tuba mouthpiece), Mercer & Barker MB3; for sale: Conn Monster Eb 1914, Fillmore Bros 1/4 Eb ca. 1905 antique (still plays), Bach 42B trombone