business proposition

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
bloke
Mid South Music

business proposition

Post by bloke »

I saw a tuba that I really like, but really don't want to shell out the cash for it, right now.

If one of you buys it for me - and lets me keep it for just one year, I'll agree to sell it back to you for $100 less than you originally paid.

:teeth:

jtm

Re: business proposition

Post by jtm »

What did you see?
John Morris
This practicing trick actually seems to be working!
playing some old German rotary tubas for free
Ace

Post by Ace »

bloke wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:54 pm I saw a tuba that I really like, but really don't want to shell out the cash for it, right now.

If one of you buys it for me - and lets me keep it for just one year, I'll agree to sell it back to you for $100 less than you originally paid.

Uh, Joe, have you been sipping a little too much "beverage" out of that jug we all know you keep high on the shelf? Ha.

Ace
York-aholic

Post by York-aholic »

bloke wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:54 pm I saw a tuba that I really like, but really don't want to shell out the cash for it, right now.

Let me see if I've got this straight...

I buy it, you use it for a year, then you'll sell it to me for my original buying price minus $100?

Sign me up. At least then it will have provenance, played by a famous Bloke when I try to sell it at twice my original buying price. :popcorn:
Some old Yorks, Martins, and perhaps a King rotary valved CC