King fiberglass sousaphones

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
When making a listing for large or expensive items, please include your budget and location. That will help you match with a seller that might have the item you are looking for
bloke
Mid South Music

King fiberglass sousaphones

Post by bloke »

A friend of mine in New Orleans (in bad health, but still trying to make a go of his music store and playing music) has a customer (a music program for disadvantaged kids - with money to buy some horns) that is looking to buy two King fiberglass sousaphones.

They are specifically looking for King and fiberglass because those are about the lightest weight of all sousaphones.

I don't have any to sell him, and the one or two on facebook on eBay are the really old ones (probably from the 1970's...too old, likely brittle, and with worn valves, etc.). Those from the 90's and later (all white bodies - no brass trim, with three only a couple of attaching nuts from the valve section to the fiberglass, good valves, no bad dents, no cracks, no crack repairs, and all glue joints holding, etc.) are probably what he would like to sell to them. He can't do any repairs, so they need to be completely ready to go, and look good.

He's in business. He would pay you, and add on some more to make a little bit of a profit. He's not a charity, and the school isn't looking for charity.

If anyone has anything that fits the bill, I'll put you in touch with him.