621 YFB Clone???

For posting interesting and remarkable deals found on the internet.
cthuba

621 YFB Clone???

Post by cthuba »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115156861023?c ... t6EALw_wcB

Ive seen these in ebay a lot recently. Anyone try one of these?

York-aholic

Re: 621 YFB Clone???

Post by York-aholic »

Stealth finger buttons as well as top and bottom valve caps?
Some old Yorks, Martins, and perhaps a King rotary valved CC
the elephant

Post by the elephant »

The Chinese seem to have forgotten to include the removable 5th slide extender to make it a flat whole step. The flat half step 5th (as it appears in the photos) will likely come as a nasty surprise to the buyer. Oh, well…
cthuba

Post by cthuba »

the elephant wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:31 pm The Chinese seem to have forgotten to include the removable 5th slide extender to make it a flat whole step. The flat half step 5th (as it appears in the photos) will likely come as a nasty surprise to the buyer. Oh, well…
OH NO! AAAAHAHAHAHA.

This is why I post this stuff on here
tabert
Has thanked: 0

Post by tabert »

They didn't entirely forget about it, someone simply put it on the wrong slide...

:facepalm2:

These users thanked the author tabert for the post (total 2):
York-aholic (Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:36 pm) • the elephant (Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:37 pm)
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

IF I HAD to go on tour AND IF I had to fly AND IF it had to be an F tuba AND IF these are about as good as the other Asian-made instrument of which it's a knock-off,

(since I'm a 4+2 player, and wouldn't want to toss anything - that I could sell for as much or as little as $7000 - underneath an airplane...)

I could imagine myself buying one and - probably - would move that 5th valve farther up the mouthpipe, buy some parts from Yamaha, add a 6th valve, and put a pair of left hand levers on it.

yeah...I'd probably have to buy some gadgets from that "Innovations" couple, so the 5th valve could be disassembled, since "stuff" would otherwise be in the way.

bloke "I'm not nuts for YFB-621 tubas, but I HAVE played a couple which were 'good', and a cheap knock-off of one of those would be easier to tote than my not-willing-to-risk-under-a-plane-nor-overseas-nor-out-of-my-sight 40-year-old F tuba."

bloke "I've always suspected that the mouthpipes on this model are just a bit too large on their small ends."
These users thanked the author bloke for the post:
the elephant (Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:12 pm)
Kontrabasstuba

Post by Kontrabasstuba »

I have a connection to the company who built this Instrument. If you want to order one directly in China, it's MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH cheaper than ebay!

Send me an Email if you are interested for more informations.
LeMark
Site Admin

Post by LeMark »

Kontrabasstuba wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:47 pm I have a connection to the company who built this Instrument. If you want to order one directly in China, it's MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH cheaper than ebay!

Send me an Email if you are interested for more informations.
My first reaction to this post was "wow, that seems like a pretty high price for a straight clone"
Yep, I'm Mark
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

The eBay ask price is about where I would be on a whether-I-wanted-one-or-not (ie. probably to flip) price for a Yamaha-branded one in good condition.

Just because our rulers have orchestrated a hyperinflationary situation doesn't mean that anyone's earnings nor savings (other than those of our rulers) have been able to keep up with that hyperinflation quotient.

All of that having been said, the (if Yamaha - with clone playing characteristics unknown) are NOT "bad" tubas...and I chuckle when the "the thing at the very top of my list for an F tuba is pistons" crowd completely ignores this model, in favor of more out-of-tune models.