Any solid Eb Tuba

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
When making a listing for large or expensive items, please include your budget and location. That will help you match with a seller that might have the item you are looking for
Jaggedwater13
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Any solid Eb Tuba

Post by Jaggedwater13 »

Hello! I'm about to go into college for music. I have been playing with the Salvation Army and recently tried out an Eb tuba and I immediately fell in love. I was wondering if anyone out there had an extra Eb tuba lying around they were trying to sell? Im offering preferably $1000-$2000. I've been planning on going into Music Education and I believe an Eb tuba would help me perform so much better and teach much easier than on my hefty BBb tuba. Thanks!

Jaggedwater13
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Any solid Eb Tuba

Post by Jaggedwater13 »

BTW, I am in Georgia. Should have clarified
Sousaswag

Post by Sousaswag »

Not selling, but here’s a recommendation: Look for a 3+1 compensating Eb. Your price range is a little low but that’s the best bang for your buck tuba out there, imo. Good luck.
These users thanked the author Sousaswag for the post:
humBell (Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:52 pm)
Meinl Weston 2165
B&M CC
Willson 3200RZ-5
Holton 340
Holton 350
Pan-American Eb
King Medium Eb
gnimoyw

Post by gnimoyw »

viewtopic.php?t=4377

Let me know if you’re interested. Send me a PM.
B&S GR-51 BBb
humBell

Post by humBell »

I will second the generic 3+1 comp recommendation.

And while i have not spotted one recently, my impression is many of them i did see were available in hour price range.

I followed the mouthpiece discussion in the miraphone thread above with relief, as many Ebs i have run into definitely have smaller shanks than usual, and i thought maybe it was me or something.Glad i am not the only one wh runs into this.

And on the other hand, when ya find a matching mouthpiece, man, you are sitting pretty!
"All art is one." -Hal