Case for King 2341 Old style

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
Innocent Bystander

Case for King 2341 Old style

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Does anyone know of a case or bag for an old style King 2341 (old style with the detachable bell) that would fit the instrument and the 22 inch bell in one piece without disassembling? I'm in the UK so if anyone knows of anything available in UK/EU that would be preferable. Thanks all!

JESimmons

Re: Case for King 2341 Old style

Post by JESimmons »

I bought one of these in the US. Fits both my 19 and 22 inch bells.
These users thanked the author JESimmons for the post:
York-aholic (Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:40 am)
Nworbekim

Post by Nworbekim »

I've wondered about that myself, i've been tempted to buy an old style with the front bell for outside use... i thought i might talk to the messina people in louisville, ky. i haven't bought one or talked to them, so i can't say whether they can do it or not but they were very very cooperative with making my 2341 bag. i'd bet they can.
Miraphone 186 - King 2341 - JP179B - York & sons 1910 Eb - Meinl Weston 2145 - Wessex Festivo - King 2280
Play it with emotion and play it strong! Don't make a face and they won't know it's wrong!
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Thanks for the responses so far. Good to hear that the Protec fits - how do you find the quality on it?

I have considered the Messina but worry about import charges from the US. They do look really good quality though.

Any hard case options?

Should also point out I'm using the 22" upright bell. But am keeping my eyes peeled for a forward facing one...
The Big Ben

Post by The Big Ben »

Nworbekim wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:49 am I've wondered about that myself, i've been tempted to buy an old style with the front bell for outside use... i thought i might talk to the messina people in louisville, ky. i haven't bought one or talked to them, so i can't say whether they can do it or not but they were very very cooperative with making my 2341 bag. i'd bet they can.
I have had both a 2340 and a 1241 with upright and recording bells. I would think a 2341 with a recording bell attached would be a little awkward in the way a French horn with a one piece bell is kind of awkward. Always seems to be in the way. If you are going to have something made, I would consider getting two bags. One for the body and one for the bell. The one for the body could be bought off the shelf. The bell bag may or may not have to be custom made.
These users thanked the author The Big Ben for the post:
Nworbekim (Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:45 pm)