Giddings Baer MMVI F and Bayamo

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Innocent Bystander

Giddings Baer MMVI F and Bayamo

Post by Innocent Bystander »

I have two giddings mouthpieces for sale.

Baer MMVI F - £125. A good choice for those who like a larger Eb mouthpiece. To me, it seems to sit between a wick 3 and 2 or a bach 24aw and 18 in terms of size. Easy response and a tone which can blend easily but will sing out over the band if pushed. Rim and shank are excellent, but the laser engraving is very faded on this.

Bayamo - £150. A very large mouthpiece for BBb. Rim about the same size as a PT88 or Bach 7, but feels more open. This one is in excellent condition throughout.

Both have light insertion marks and are American shank - the type used on Besson Sovereigns and all compensated tubas, as well as many others. The maker seems often to send UK people the Euro shank - but Euro shank is too large for a compensated tuba and won't respond as well or play as in tune as these. I've played a couple of Euro shank ones on Eb and BBb, and the American shank ones are like a different and improved mouthpiece.

I can't work out how to add images, but email me on dannystone at duck dot com and I'll send some over.

The two together for £210.

I'll hear out reasonable offers. Delivery is included in the price.

arpthark

Re: Giddings Baer MMVI F and Bayamo

Post by arpthark »

Just to clarify, UK only?

Not interested but wanted to avoid confusion for others.
Innocent Bystander

Re: Giddings Baer MMVI F and Bayamo

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Nope, I'll post anywhere. Thanks for asking the question
These users thanked the author Innocent Bystander for the post:
arpthark (Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:04 pm)