Wurm trumpet etudes transcibed for tuba

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
Grumpikins

Wurm trumpet etudes transcibed for tuba

Post by Grumpikins »

Has anyone here tried out the Beth mitchel transcription of the above said title? It was published last year and its already out of print.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Meinl Weston 2145 CC
King Symphonic BBb circa 1936
Hopefully a pre WWII king Eb soon.... :teeth:
bloke
Mid South Music

Re: Wurm trumpet etudes transcibed for tuba

Post by bloke »

Grumpikins wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:29 am Has anyone here tried out the Beth mitchel transcription of the above said title? It was published last year and its already out of print.

I'm not going to sign up to this, so I can't even see any previews...but is this it?

https://pdfpremiumfree.com/download/fur ... et_method/

EDIT:
OK (with apologies)...I just noticed that you want "TRANSCRIBED FOR TUBA"...but (well...) reading B-flat or C treble clef never seems to cause me much damage (and I sort of view "doing so semi-fluently-while-playing-a-tuba" as handy, since the vast majority of western music is written in that clef).
hrender

Post by hrender »

Tuba books are available here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TYWP4MN?bi ... sb_pc_tpbk

IMSLP has originals here: https://imslp.org/wiki/40_Trumpet_Studi ... m,_Vasily)

Apparently there are trumpet books with 40, 45, and 62 studies. The IMSLP copy has 40.
Grumpikins

Post by Grumpikins »

I dont know whats going on, if its my phone or the links, but when i click any of those links i get a message that " your phone has viruses! Click here quickly before your phone is damaged!" No way. I havent had any other problems....

Anyway, i just wondered what people thought about those etudes if theyve tried them.

Meinl Weston 2145 CC
2nd tenor

Post by 2nd tenor »

A while raft of stuff in transposed treble clef for Bb Trumpet can be played on Tuba. Either just play it by yourself and as it’s written, in treble clef, on whatever instrument you have handy or add three flats and play it as if in Bass Clef. For Eb instruments the conversion trick also works in reverse (Bass to Treble Clef) and that allows you you play in-tune with an accompaniment.
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

Grumpikins wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:27 am I dont know whats going on, if its my phone or the links, but when i click any of those links i get a message that " your phone has viruses! Click here quickly before your phone is damaged!" No way. I havent had any other problems....

Anyway, i just wondered what people thought about those etudes if theyve tried them.

I suspect that you picked up some spyware, with scam notifications.

I get nothing...but asking me whether I would like to sign up or subscribe.
Grumpikins

Post by Grumpikins »

Yes sir. Thank you for the try. And, by the way, i opened my browser this afternoon; it was still on the amazon page that the etude book is being sold on and behold, its no longer listed "out of print." Seriously, i looked at it 2 days ago... i told my wife told give it to me for christmas...lol.

Meinl Weston 2145 CC