You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
ProAm

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch

Post by ProAm »

I am copying this post (including the poster's name at the end - not me!) from another forum where I saw this. I do not see it posted here and thought you might enjoy it, too.

You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch - arranged by Kyle Myers

Maybe you’re someone who hates high notes.
Maybe you’re someone who hates low notes.
Or - maybe you’re someone who hates the holiday videos we put out…
Then YOU are who we are trying to reach and THIS is the video that will convert the Grinch inside of you!

You all are in for a real holiday treat today. When tubist , Aaron McCalla joined the San Diego Symphony, he requested that we find a way to include him in our “TrUmPeT vIdEoS”. Well - not only did we include him - he’s the featured tuba soloist in this Kyle Myers arrangement of “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch”!

We think you’re gonna love Kyle’s arrangement and Tim Saeger’s vision for this video. We’ve got all the high notes. We’ve got all the low notes. We’ve even got drums, bass guitar, and trombone! Oh - and definitely stick around at the end for some questionable dance moves 😉 I’m still recovering from the pulled hamstring I gave myself…

We are so fortunate to be able to continue our collaboration with Kyle Myers, as well as work with such amazing musicians as:

YOU’RE A MEAN ONE, MR. GRINCH by Albert Hague (arranged by Kyle Myers)

Tuba Soloist and Dancing Santa - Aaron McCalla - Tuba, San Diego Symphony
Saxophones and Arranger - Kyle Myers - award-winning Composer, Arranger and Saxophonist based in Los Angeles, CA
Lead Trumpet - Tim Saeger - San Diego based performer and educator.
2nd Trumpet - Chris Smith - Principal Trumpet, San Diego Symphony
3rd Trumpet - The good doctor - Dr. John Reynolds - Southern California based freelance musician and Associate Director of Instrumental Music, Orange County School of the Arts
4th Trumpet and Trombone - Andy Geib - Trombone and trumpet, Slightly Stoopid; San Diego Based freelance musician.
Bass Guitar - Steve Pandis - Freelance Upright and Electric Bassist, cast member of the Christopher Guest film, A Mighty Wind
Drums - Erin Dowery - Percussion, San Diego Symphony
Audio/Video - Tim Saeger - SaegerStudios

THANK YOU for watching and we all hope you have as much fun during this holiday season as we had making this video!
These users thanked the author ProAm for the post (total 3):
the elephant (Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:01 am) • Ace (Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:54 am) • Jperry1466 (Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:27 pm)

the elephant

Re: You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch

Post by the elephant »

Outstanding!

:tuba:
Heavy_Metal

Post by Heavy_Metal »

That was great!

A while back there was a video of Tony Kniffen playing this on a huge sousaphone, but I can't find it now.
Principal tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Old (early 1900s?) Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3P BBb Helicon
Old Alex Comp.F, in shop
tofu

Post by tofu »

These users thanked the author tofu for the post:
Heavy_Metal (Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:40 pm)