Insurance on your tuba(s)?

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
Grumpikins

Re: Insurance on your tuba(s)?

Post by Grumpikins »

LittleJon1 wrote:My wife works for USAA on the insurance property side. They offer a VPP Policy (Valuable Personal Property) policy you can insure instruments, jewelry, coins, firearms,stamps, furs, fine art, silverware & cameras. It protects if they are damaged, lost or broken. No deductible, no minimum to start and if you make a claim no strike against your claims free discount. Usually $2500 in coverage is around $2 month.
(This is coming straight from Mrs. LittleJon1)
Thank you for that info. Im sure that will be helpful for many others, but Im not eligible for USAA.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Meinl Weston 2145 CC
King Symphonic BBb circa 1936
Hopefully a pre WWII king Eb soon.... :teeth:
tokuno

Re: Insurance on your tuba(s)?

Post by tokuno »

Clarion for our kids' horns. We haven't had to call it in, so apologies; cannot attest to policy fulfillment. There's innumerable attestations online to their service level, and it provides us good value: peace of mind at a low cost for horns exposed to the rigors associated to high school.
My oldest two are military musicians, and Clarion approved covering their personal instruments, too.

We do not insure our own bevy of instruments - relatively low risk & replaceable for the most part.
If I could buy replacement assurance for my Olds O-97 jr. sousaphone I'd do it in a heartbeat, but should something befall that horn, it's unlikely I'd ever find another. It was my #1 horn in our prioritized lineup of emergency evac toss-in-the-cars-and-leave preparations during the recent wildfires. Ahead of my far more expensive but replaceable other instruments.