King 4 valve E flat sousaphone

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
When making a listing for large or expensive items, please include your budget and location. That will help you match with a seller that might have the item you are looking for
Yorkboy

King 4 valve E flat sousaphone

Post by Yorkboy »

I’ve seen some for sale on and off floating around over the past several years, never found out if they were ever sold….

JRaymo

Re: King 4 valve E flat sousaphone

Post by JRaymo »

I had one from 2000-2008 and I loved it. Only sold it when I went through job loss. Dan tuba had one for sale a year or so ago that I bought and had rebuilt. I just picked it up this year. Plays really well now.

I believe there were a lot of these made for the military as both mine had the U. S. On the bell. Made around 1941-1942. Someone who once owned my current one must not have wanted that on the bell and they added their own engraving to try to cover it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JRaymo

Post by JRaymo »

These users thanked the author JRaymo for the post:
York-aholic (Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:38 pm)
UncleBeer

Post by UncleBeer »

How about a 4-valve Eb helicon?
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

A friend of mine in Mississippi rounded up a bell that ended up featuring the correct throat diameter and the correct length, was silver, and was engraved either King (??) or Cleveland (??)

...so he ended up with a nice 4-valve "King/King" (all King-made) E-flat helicon.

I dunno whether he still owns it...
Please visit and "like"...
instruments: https://www.facebook.com/midsouthmusic79
mouthpieces: https://www.facebook.com/Sellmansbergermouthpieces
2021 - 2024 Border Czar
JRaymo

Post by JRaymo »

bloke wrote:A friend of mine in Mississippi rounded up a bell that ended up featuring the correct throat diameter and the correct length, was silver, and was engraved either King (??) or Cleveland (??)

...so he ended up with a nice 4-valve "King/King" (all King-made) E-flat helicon.

I dunno whether he still owns it...
That was the one I think I saw a picture of one time. I was thinking I might have to do this mid to mine because the pitch was so low. Martin was able to shorten the bugle a bit which brought it up enough. Would have been a nice mod to do if I had the bell for it.

Mecain1985
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Mecain1985 »

I’m new to the forum, so if I make a faux pas, please forgive.

I have a King 4 valve Eb sousaphone, what I call the William Bell sousaphone. I bought it not quite ten years ago for Trad jazz, but haven’t played it since I realized I suck at that style of playing.

I’ve just decided to sell the horn. It’s in good condition, though it’s currently tarnished since I haven’t played it in three years.

If you are interested in buying it, drop me a line at mecain1985@gmail.com. I can’t figure out how to attach a photo to this post, but I’ll send you one if you email me.

Mark in Austin, TX