attic Cerveny 681 quick fix up to sell to a church...

Projects, repair topics, and Frankentubas
bloke
Mid South Music

attic Cerveny 681 quick fix up to sell to a church...

Post by bloke »

... but I don't have the go ahead yet from the church, even though it's well within their stated budget.

It's shiny, and not all that beat up. I'd love to get it sold, particularly since it's on the same route as two other places I need to go that are 1-1/2 hours and 2 hours away, respectively.

Cross your fingers for me. I'd like to get this one out of the attic and turned into some cash.
These users thanked the author bloke for the post:
the elephant (Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:53 pm)

rodgeman

Re: attic Cerveny 681 quick fix up to sell to a church...

Post by rodgeman »

bloke wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:19 pm ... but I don't have the go ahead yet from the church, even though it's well within their stated budget.

It's shiny, and not all that beat up. I'd love to get it sold, particularly since it's on the same route as two other places I need to go that are 1-1/2 hours and 2 hours away, respectively.

Cross your fingers for me. I'd like to get this one out of the attic and turned into some cash.
Any updates? Did the church buy it?

Thanks.
Eastman EBB-562 BBb tuba
Dillon G5B/Turner
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

rodgeman wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:24 pm
bloke wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:19 pm ... but I don't have the go ahead yet from the church, even though it's well within their stated budget.

Any updates? Did the church buy it?

Thanks.
Thank you. Yes they did agree to buy it. I was surprised. It's about done, once I get the linkage mounted, stick the bell and mouthpipe back on, polish up some of the parts, and shoot some lacquer here and there.

If you are suggesting that you might have been interested in purchasing it, I am grateful for and flattered by your interest. If you would like to view the progress on bringing it back from the dead, I created a thread documenting this in the repair forum.

... with apologies for the irreverence and poll which makes light of tuba solos:

viewtopic.php?t=6127
rodgeman

Post by rodgeman »

Thanks for the update. I was interested if it did not sell. Sorry I did not see the other topic on it. It came out nice.

Good job.
Eastman EBB-562 BBb tuba
Dillon G5B/Turner