Sousaphone wall-mount stands

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
arpthark

Sousaphone wall-mount stands

Post by arpthark »

Any suggestions on a wall-mount stand for a sousaphone?

There's this one I found searching the forum: https://www.stringswing.com/tuba-or-sou ... all-mount/

But maybe there's something a bit less spendy? It's a fiberglass sousaphone, so I might be able to find something that will sorta work at Ace Hardware or the like.

tokuno

Re: Sousaphone wall-mount stands

Post by tokuno »

Yeah, maybe like this with spacer blocks behind the hanger to get it off the wall, and behind the bottom bow (with padding) to hang it straight?
I'm Yankee Cheap. That's what I'd probably do. $16.00+tx off Amazon
These users thanked the author tokuno for the post (total 2):
arpthark (Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:53 am) • bloke (Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:25 am)
humBell

Post by humBell »

For some reason i thought there was a more recent thread posing this question (and a wider variety of response, which at a glance did not include the hose rack?)

Anyway, yeah, my bad ideas of times past were the cheap $3-4 plastic hose racks which have the curve in them. They do tend to bend.

My other "bad idea" of yore...

My first $100 metal sousaphone i hung in my closet from a tie like closet metal wreath.

Shoot, it's been long enough i feel the need to recreate it to be sure of how i did it.

I feel it must have been a bowline to the bar, pass through bell (body hanging from bell) then back round the bar and some knot with a loop for easy untying...
"All art is one." -Hal
arpthark

Post by arpthark »

Wow, I forgot I did ask this same question back in June. Obviously still haven't bitten the bullet on one, but do need to do so eventually. I have more wall space than floor space in my barn.

viewtopic.php?p=76734#p76734