It's a tuba! Sheesh!!!!

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
Paulver

Re: It's a tuba! Sheesh!!!!

Post by Paulver »

Ahhh...... don't know if you're kidding or not, but we're talking about Chautauqua, New York. And yes.... it's that hot and humid up there. 🥵

Until I just looked it up, I never knew there was a Chautauqua in Boulder, Colorado.

Live and learn, I guess.

Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

The things I've heard about Interlochen -- I have no idea if they are true, but if they are, no WAY would I send a kid there. Things like inedible food, not allowed to take showers. I can't imagine that could happen without serious lawsuits. Hopefully that was just gibberish.
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

My daughter went to Interlochen several summers and to school there, I never heard any of that stuff except back when I went there the food was terrible. When she went there the food was really good.

They've built so much stuff since I went there, everything looks like a bunch of palaces.

The summer I went there, I was taking college courses because the summer session of the University of Michigan School of Music moved to there each year - back during that time.
We were offered a great deal of additional latitude, being over 18.