Baltimore Brass News...

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
bisontuba

Baltimore Brass News...

Post by bisontuba »

From Facebook...fyi...

Exciting day for Baltimore Brass Co!! After 31 years since I started the business in my basement. I have sold the business to 3 players and business owners. They have all purchased tubas from us in the past. Nothing will change other than the new ownership. Chris, Lori. Alec ,Dan, and same repair staff. I am sure the new owners will continue Baltimore Brass Co traditions of good Instruments at reasonable pricing in a helpful but relaxed atmosphere.
Thank you to all that has supported Baltimore Brass Co the past 31 years. Please be sure to continue to support BBC and the new owners as they continue moving the business into the next 31 years!!
Dave
These users thanked the author bisontuba for the post (total 9):
bone-a-phone (Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:26 pm) • hrender (Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:16 pm) • Dents Be Gone! (Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:20 pm) • arpthark (Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:49 pm) • Heavy_Metal (Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:58 pm) and 4 more users

Dents Be Gone!

Post by Dents Be Gone! »

I agree, guys. This is the way to go.
Last edited by Dents Be Gone! on Wed May 01, 2024 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Three Valves

Re: Baltimore Brass News...

Post by Three Valves »

I thought that was worked out a few years ago? :huh:
Thought Criminal
Mack Brass Artiste
TU422L with TU25
1964 Conn 36k with CB Arnold Jacobs
Accent (By B&S) 952R with Bach12
The Fourth Estate is the Fifth Column
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Post by Rick Denney »

He hired a new manager a while back who had really turned the business around. I suspect that made it worth buying. Dave has wanted to retire for a while, and I wish him the best. He’ll always be a good friend.

Now, who are the new owners?

Rick “names!” Denney
bort2.0

Post by bort2.0 »

I wish them luck, and hope they stay put... 2 miles from where I grew up.

But I'm not spending a penny there until I know who the new owners are. :tuba:
GrecoTrombone

Post by GrecoTrombone »

Rick Denney wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:05 pm He hired a new manager a while back who had really turned the business around. I suspect that made it worth buying. Dave has wanted to retire for a while, and I wish him the best. He’ll always be a good friend.

Now, who are the new owners?

Rick “names!” Denney
Thanks Rick! I'm Chris, that new manager you were (hopefully) talking about. Glad to see I made an impression! Here's a message from them that was just shared on the facebook page!

"We, the new owners of Baltimore Brass Company, would like to introduce ourselves:

Robert Morrison, Shane Pettit, and Managing Partner, TJ Kurczewski.

We met through our passion for tuba playing, especially vintage and historical tubas. Robert is an avid collector of tubas with a penchant for the exotic. Since 2020, he has put almost 182,000 miles on his car as he scours the country adding to his humbling tuba and helicon collection. Shane retired from the West Point Army Band in 2022 where he served as the brass quintet tubist and staff repair technician. TJ, an Army Band veteran, is an amateur tubist and trombone player. For the last ten years, he has worked in pro audio and most recently in corporate a/v production.

We all look forward to working with Chris, Lori, Alec, Dan, and the repair staff and wish to extend our deepest gratitude to Dave for his assistance to enable a smooth transition.

Our motto for now is business as usual. We hope to continue to serve the community in the way that has made Baltimore Brass Company a leader in the field."

I'm also still here and staying on! Give me a ring if you need anything!

:cheers:
Chris Greco
These users thanked the author GrecoTrombone for the post (total 6):
travisd (Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:26 pm) • Dents Be Gone! (Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:02 pm) • humBell (Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:45 pm) • windshieldbug (Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:59 pm) • LeMark (Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:29 am) and one more user
:tuba:
Chris Greco
Miraphone 186

Come see me at Baltimore Brass Co.
410-744-1723
www.baltimorebrasscompany.com
manager@baltimorebrasscompany.com
bisontuba

Post by bisontuba »

Congrats Robert!!!!!!!!
These users thanked the author bisontuba for the post:
GrecoTrombone (Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:05 pm)
bort2.0

Post by bort2.0 »

Well, I know all those people. It is in good hands! :smilie7:
These users thanked the author bort2.0 for the post:
Mark E. Chachich

Post by Mark E. Chachich »

That is great news!

I have been a happy BBC customer for many years and always recommend the BBC to people that want to buy a brass instrument or need repairs.

Thank you Dave for the BBC (and being one of the best musicians that I have ever known)!
Hello Chris, you have done a fantastic job!

best,
Mark
These users thanked the author Mark E. Chachich for the post:
Life Member Baltimore Musician's Union Local 40-543
Life Member International Tuba Euphonium Association (ITEA)
Ph.D. Experimental Psychology, Behavioral Neuroscience (a musician can do almost anything!)