Nirschl York for sale or trade SOLD

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Matthew Gaunt
Has thanked: 0

Nirschl York for sale or trade SOLD

Post by Matthew Gaunt »

Hi All

I have a great Nirschl York that is about a year old. Has very even response and pitch. Frankly I love this tuba. My issue is that I have neck/shoulder/back problems and when they flare up (as they are now!) it does not work for me ergonomically.

I am open to trade plus cash for a smaller cc please reach out if you are interested. Or outright sale. $17,500 firm with bag. Located just outside Chicago. Can arrange shipping at buyers expense.

Thanks
Matt
IMG_8374.jpg
IMG_8374.jpg (182.59 KiB) Viewed 535 times
IMG_8375.jpg
IMG_8375.jpg (162.7 KiB) Viewed 535 times
IMG_8378.jpg
IMG_8378.jpg (171.96 KiB) Viewed 535 times
IMG_8380.jpg
IMG_8380.jpg (164.03 KiB) Viewed 535 times
SOLD!
Last edited by Matthew Gaunt on Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faculty
Bienen School of Music at Northwestern University
Northern Illinois University
Wheaton College
https://www.music.northwestern.edu/facu ... thew-gaunt
TheHatTuba

Re: Nirschl York for sale or trade

Post by TheHatTuba »

I'm not sure anyone has ever owned and later sold as many nice tubas as Matt. Definitely a name to remember if you're in or planning to be in the market.

Did Walter Nirschl switch to solid metal buttons, or are those aftermarket?
Matthew Gaunt
Has thanked: 0

Re: Nirschl York for sale or trade

Post by Matthew Gaunt »

Not sure on the buttons - were on it when I got it.

Yes, have bought and sold too many great tubas!

I wish could keep this one. Really enjoyed how it sounded and felt playing it with extra/sub work with CSO at Ravinia and Grant Park this summer...
Faculty
Bienen School of Music at Northwestern University
Northern Illinois University
Wheaton College
https://www.music.northwestern.edu/facu ... thew-gaunt