York Monter EEb Tuba Customized

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
hbcrandy

York Monter EEb Tuba Customized

Post by hbcrandy »

I have retired from playing due to age. I have for sale through Baltimore Brass Company, my customized York, 5 valved, Monster EEb tuba. The link to it on Baltimore Brass Company's web site is https://www.baltimorebrasscompany.com/p ... ified.aspx.

I have played this many times behind a 90-piece symphony orchestra with much success and ease of sound production. I have also used it for brass quintet and solo recitals. The intonation is superb, the response in all registers is even and the touch on the piston valves feels as if you are playing a trumpet. This tuba has been modified with a .687" valve set, larger and more open than the original York .656" valve bore. The lead pipe is a custom design and the thumb operated, flat whole step 5th valve was purchased, new, from Meinl Weston. It is the valve that was used on the Bill Bell Model Meinl Weston. This is an EXCELLENT instrument. I want to get is to an owner who will play it and enjoy it for many more years.

Thank you for any consideration given.

Randy Harrison
Retired Proprietor, Harrison Brass
Retired Instructor of Applied Brass Performance,
Maryland Conservatory of Music
TheHatTuba

Re: York Monter EEb Tuba Customized

Post by TheHatTuba »

GLWS. Looks like a great horn.

Your CC (I think someone said the MW CC was yours?) sold lightning quick :bugeyes:
bort2.0

Post by bort2.0 »

I wish I could give it a try! Who did the work to it?
Mark E. Chachich

Post by Mark E. Chachich »

This tuba is one of the best tubas that I have ever tried. My EE flat is a very good York Monster, Randy's EE flat is better. I would consider buying this one if I still played EE flat seriously.

best,
Mark
These users thanked the author Mark E. Chachich for the post:
DLThomas (Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:04 am)
Life Member Baltimore Musician's Union Local 40-543
Life Member International Tuba Euphonium Association (ITEA)
Ph.D. Experimental Psychology, Behavioral Neuroscience (a musician can do almost anything!)
hbcrandy

Post by hbcrandy »

That was my MW CC tuba that rapidly sold through Baltimore Brass Company. The York Monster EEb tuba is totally my design, but, since I had no shop space during the period, I had the Bob Pallansch assemble it from my parts. The York is everything I wanted in a bass tuba, a HUGE York sound, great intonation, even and open response in all registers, a flat whole step 5th valve as well as nimble valve facility. It can do everything from rattling the rafters of a concert hall to whispering the softest of passages and every dynamic level in between with ease and beauty. I heartily recommend this tuba to anyone ho will give it a good home and play it!
Randy Harrison
Retired Proprietor, Harrison Brass
Retired Instructor of Applied Brass Performance,
Maryland Conservatory of Music
TheHatTuba

Post by TheHatTuba »

What was the donor for the .687 pistons?