Bobo mouthpieces

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
dsfinley

Bobo mouthpieces

Post by dsfinley »

Can anyone share their thoughts on the Volare BT-01F, Giddings Hawk and Yamaha Roger Bobo Solo. I’m mostly interested to hear how the Giddings compares to the others but all info would be appreciated. I know a couple of these are pretty rare to find state side at the moment.

tubanh84

Re: Bobo mouthpieces

Post by tubanh84 »

Love my Bobo Solo. It works great on my MW182. Nice rich sound. Can be big (for a small F tuba...), can be throaty, can sing, especially above the staff. It also routinely provides the best intonation on each of my horns - The 182, 184CC, and Gnagey CC. Doesn't get quite as big of a sound as I want on my CC horns, so I have other mouthpieces for them. I do tend to fatigue on it more than my other mouthpieces, though. I don't know what to attribute that to.