Detachable Bells and a Bell Stack

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
When making a listing for large or expensive items, please include your budget and location. That will help you match with a seller that might have the item you are looking for
tylerferris1213

Detachable Bells and a Bell Stack

Post by tylerferris1213 »

Hello everyone! For my next tuba build, the customer wants to have the option of a recording bell and an upright bell. In a perfect world, someone on here has an old-style King 1240/2340/1241/2341 BBb body without valves that they've been wanting to sell. If you just have a body without valves or bells, I'm still interested. Bells can be sourced. I'm open to any American style makes/model, so unfortunately things like a 186 are out. A detachable bell York would be cool!

Shoot me an email at tylerferris1213@gmail.com if you have anything that might be helpful for my project. Thanks for reading!

Tyler Ferris
Wessex British F
York Monster Eb
Getzen CB-50 CC
Cerveny CBB-601 BBb
"Yamayork" Frankentuba Subcontrabass FF
Pakins51

Re: Detachable Bells and a Bell Stack

Post by Pakins51 »

Hey! I've been trying to track down the opposite! I need a few parts from a king valve set(valves, caps, stems, buttons, outermost top 3rd valve slide, etc.) so if you end up finding 124X with a valve set with most parts(doesn't need to be complete) Let me know and I can take it off your hands!
tylerferris1213

Pakins51 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:43 am Hey! I've been trying to track down the opposite! I need a few parts from a king valve set(valves, caps, stems, buttons, outermost top 3rd valve slide, etc.) so if you end up finding 124X with a valve set with most parts(doesn't need to be complete) Let me know and I can take it off your hands!
Actually, a friend is selling their complete 1241 right now! I had the thought occur to me that, if someone were interested in the valve section, I could buy the whole horn and help him out. It sounds like you don't need the complete valve section, though, but for anyone else who needs one....
Tyler Ferris
Wessex British F
York Monster Eb
Getzen CB-50 CC
Cerveny CBB-601 BBb
bort2.0

Post by bort2.0 »

tylerferris1213 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:55 am
Pakins51 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:43 am Hey! I've been trying to track down the opposite! I need a few parts from a king valve set(valves, caps, stems, buttons, outermost top 3rd valve slide, etc.) so if you end up finding 124X with a valve set with most parts(doesn't need to be complete) Let me know and I can take it off your hands!
Actually, a friend is selling their complete 1241 right now! I had the thought occur to me that, if someone were interested in the valve section, I could buy the whole horn and help him out. It sounds like you don't need the complete valve section, though, but for anyone else who needs one....
I may be interested in a complete valve section.
humBell

Post by humBell »

3 king bodies recently listed on ebay in Dundee, IL, starting bid $200.
"All art is one." -Hal
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

Tons of 2341 Kings are ending up being the victims of valveset stripping (particularly the recording versions).

The King 2341/1241 bottom bows are nearly identical (dimensions) to 4/4 York (short B-flats/E-flats), and good candidates for replacing rotted/cracked York bottom bows. Also (assuming burnishing/repair skills) the old King bottom bow caps are the larger (better-looking) style.
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

If interested, I have two VERY ugly/repairable King (rectangular box/wood) body cases.

I'd be willing to strap them together and ship them for FedExGround + a $25 nuisance fee.

The alternate destination is to meet up with the 8 lb. sledge and to serve as kindling.

I have one of the square (no curved sides) King bell cases as well, but it's sorta trashed (though a determined person could rebuilt it more easily than building one).
tylerferris1213

bloke wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:44 pm If interested, I have two VERY ugly/repairable King (rectangular box/wood) body cases.

I'd be willing to strap them together and ship them for FedExGround + a $25 nuisance fee.

The alternate destination is to meet up with the 8 lb. sledge and to serve as kindling.

I have one of the square (no curved sides) King bell cases as well, but it's sorta trashed (though a determined person could rebuilt it more easily than building one).
I appreciate the offer, but I already have the case situation figured out.
Tyler Ferris
Wessex British F
York Monster Eb
Getzen CB-50 CC
Cerveny CBB-601 BBb