FOUND: WTB F Tuba

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
When making a listing for large or expensive items, please include your budget and location. That will help you match with a seller that might have the item you are looking for
mm_an
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

FOUND: WTB F Tuba

Post by mm_an »

Hello all, I am looking for a deal on an F tuba. Not that picky, but I like the B&S PT-10/15 and tubas that play and feel like those two. Wont mind a piston F, either. Budgets a little low at $3,500 so I know I won't be getting too much, but I just wanna put it out there that I'm on the market. Thank yall

Edit: Found what I was looking for. Thank you all
Last edited by mm_an on Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

MN_TimTuba

Re: WTB F Tuba

Post by MN_TimTuba »

Dillon's lists a 5 valve rotary F @ $3495. I know nothing at all about this tuba and it's currently out of stock, but you could contact them about incoming. Here - https://cdn.shoplightspeed.com/shops/61 ... /image.jpg.
Good luck in your search!
Tim
These users thanked the author MN_TimTuba for the post:
mm_an (Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:26 am)
MN_Tim
Lee Stofer Custom 2341-5
Miraphone 83 Eb
Miraphone 191-5 (formerly)
Holton BBb345 (formerly and fondly)
imnotbrown
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by imnotbrown »

As long as we're posting cheap chinese Fs, thomann has what looks like a yfb 621 copy for 2500 if youre willing to take one for the team. People have said good things about the clones of this horn but not much about this particular distributor.
PT-6P Clone
F Schmidt PT-1
arpthark

Post by arpthark »

imnotbrown wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:25 pm As long as we're posting cheap chinese Fs, thomann has what looks like a yfb 621 copy for 2500 if youre willing to take one for the team. People have said good things about the clones of this horn but not much about this particular distributor.
I have one of these for sale (not from Thomann though, bought it straight from China) for $2,150.

(Last I checked, Thomann is unable to ship tubas to the USA.)

I "took one for the team," as it were, addressed the issues that JB quality control missed, and it plays really well now.

viewtopic.php?p=86992#p86992

Pretty much the opposite of a German rotary F, but a fun tuba nonetheless.