mouthpiece sold, today (transaction details)

For Tuba/Euphonium retail products and services.

Moderator: Retail Partner

bloke
Mid South Music

mouthpiece sold, today (transaction details)

Post by bloke »

Someone - who was forty minutes south - in Mississippi (at their place of work) - wanted to buy a Sellmansberger mouthpiece today.

I agreed to BRING it to them - if they would buy me lunch (a couple of Taco Bell $1.79 crispy tacos - which is considerably less costly than Priority Mail).

I also filled up with gas while down there and - since gas is 40 cents cheaper - the gas that I used up (to get there and back) was - de facto - free.

(I actually wanted to see the place where they work (a new trade school made out of an old supermarket building).

:smilie8: :thumbsup: :tuba:

They are the "ag" teacher, and - right now - they're teaching the students how to raise/care for/harvest eggs (for food and more chickens), when to butcher/eat excess roosters/etc.

These will certainly prove to be useful skills. Regardless of this "election" thing - and even if Clark Kent were elected, I don't believe they could prevent that which is inevitable, and which has been set up intentionally.

bloke "Y'all better start building chicken coops, and - oh yeah - buy some blokepieces...we deliver (if tacos)."

arpthark

Re: mouthpiece sold, today (transaction details)

Post by arpthark »

Mail you tacos. Got it. :thumbsup:
These users thanked the author arpthark for the post:
bloke (Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:19 pm)
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

arpthark wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:29 pm Mail you tacos. Got it. :thumbsup:
Get 'em here overnight, I'll eat "em. I've eaten older stuff that was sitting out.

They have on loan a prototype exterior rim shape (with no markings on it). It's really super cool looking, but we decided it took too many operations to get the outside shaped like that, so we decided to not do it. I'm going to swap him out for a production one, but - in the meantime - he's got what he ordered - as far as the inside shape is concerned. I don't use it anymore - now that I've sold the 5450, but I don't want to get rid of it... I suppose anything has a price, but I couldn't imagine anyone paying extra for this.

I have some other cool prototypes here which I'm not using. One of them was used to perform the Wilder on that YouTube video. Maybe I should post a picture of that prototype. It's pretty interesting.

What was the question again?
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

bloke wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:20 pm What was the question again?

I'm not sure, but the answer was 42.
These users thanked the author windshieldbug for the post:
C J (Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:38 pm)
If it’s tourist season, why can’t we shoot them?
BRS

Post by BRS »

Last edited by BRS on Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

BRS wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:06 pm I understand that around here purchasing those mediocre taco-like items requires an “app” on your phone.

“Nope.”
:clap:

yeah...
We were compelled to tap in crap on a "thing" ("kiosk"...?? something else...??) that was directly in front of where the cash register should have been.
I said to my mouthpiece-buying friend, "oh...never mind..." but he pushed some buttons and we got our food...so whatever.

Admittedly, I had (temporarily) forgotten WHY (since the plannedemic and beyond) I've not been to a single franchise "fast food" place, and have only patronized Chinese, Mexican, and gas station food places.
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

I still find it fascinating that apparently the vast majority of the population is willing to own a device that tracks their every move. As @BRS said, Nope. I don't mind punching buttons to order something if the something I want is ON a button, because at least it will be (theoretically) right. The local Costco now has a punch-buttons-and-pay-with-your-credit-card for its food, but they also have one register where you can order in person (and modify the standards, like please leave off blah-blah thing) and pay with cash. I wonder how much longer that will last though.
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

I've turned off a bunch of stuff on phones and social media, but I'm not fooled into thinking that those things are actually turned off.
Schlitzz

Post by Schlitzz »

windshieldbug wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:26 am
bloke wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:20 pm What was the question again?

I'm not sure, but the answer was 42.
Nah, he was yelping about Bach 42 slides in another thread.
Yamaha 641
Hirsbrunner Euph

I hate broccoli.
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

"Thank"

===============================================

hey...
Another guy (about ten years older than me) bought me a damaged (and small-town-music-shop-repair-peep-FURTHER-damaged via "tools") INCREDIBLE trombone that his Dad bought him (brand new) in 1960...$500 (c. $6000, today)

...an AMAZING King 5B ("semi-bass trombone" - 9-inch bell - with a 4B-size slide..ie. .547" bore) "Silver Sonic" with a solid silver bell.

The bell section was/is in just about "mint" condition (lacquer, free of denting, etc.), but - again - the playing slide...well... :eyes:

Additionally, older slides (particularly King) need to be repaired particularly accurately, as the outer slide tubes' inner diameters tended very slightly smaller (ie. closer tolerances).

A couple of weeks after bringing that slide back from the dead, I received this nice email from him today:
It has been a long, long time since my trombone slide has worked so smonth. It's a pleasure to play it. Thank you for making it this way.
It's sorta good to both make someone happy and to be appreciated...oh yeah: and to get paid. :smilie8:

It's also nice to NOT be griped at and badmouthed by some idiot that goops their slide all up with multiple concoctions (LOL...even TUNING slide grease), and then claims that it's "slow".
Schlitzz

Post by Schlitzz »

bloke wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:56 pm

It's also nice to NOT be griped at and badmouthed by some idiot that goops their slide all up with multiple concoctions (LOL...even TUNING slide grease), and then claims that it's "slow".
Oh, so you DO get customers that went to Blue Lake.
Yamaha 641
Hirsbrunner Euph

I hate broccoli.
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

LOL...

I don't live close enough to be in on Blue Lake jokes.

I have had myself/my kids/my grandkids up there enough to know that it's down the road from the big one.

Not being savvy, is it sort of the "NIT of music camps", or what...??