FS: Eastman EBC 836 6/4 CC $9700

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
christian.plays.tuba
Lurker

FS: Eastman EBC 836 6/4 CC $9700

Post by christian.plays.tuba »

Up for sale is my excellent Eastman 836 for $9700. Absolutely nothing wrong with this horn, it's about 2 years old and it plays amazingly well with a huge sound. I'm selling this because I want to use this money to buy a newer 836. Brand new, these can go for around 11.5k so I believe this is a reasonable price. I am currently located in Pittsburgh, PA if you want to come by and try it before you buy it. I'd prefer not to ship this but I can at the buyer's expense/risk.

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 0-ffwkyvST

This horn has been my workhorse for a good amount of time now, so there is some wear and tear mainly in the form of small dents/imperfections and lacquer wear around the bottom bow and the bell. There's additionally a bit more lacquer wear on the first valve tuning slide and the tube that your hand rests on. These are all merely cosmetic though, and have no bearing on the playing characteristics of this tuba. Another thing to note, this is one of the later model 836's with the improved nirschl york style fifth valve versus the older yamayork style valve.

I've achieved quite a few notable accomplishments with this horn and if you want to hear me play it, then I have plenty of videos on my facebook or instagram page which you should be able to find by searching up my tubaforum username since they are the same. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me.

:tuba: :thumbsup:
gocsick

Re: FS: Eastman EBC 836 6/4 CC $9700

Post by gocsick »

Just making sure I understand... You are selling a two year old horn with nothing wrong with it that plays extremely well, with no serious cosmetics issues.... to buy a slightly newer tuba (1year old?) of the same make and model?

Isn't that like divorcing your 23 year old trophy wife to marry her 21 year old sister?
As amateur as they come...I know just enough to be dangerous.

Meinl-Weston 20
Holton Medium Eb 3+1
Holton Collegiate Sousas in Eb and BBb
40s York Bell Front Euphonium
Schiller Elite Euphonium
Yamaha YSL-352 Trombone
Olds Ambassador Trumpet & Cornet
BassaNova

Post by BassaNova »

gocsick wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:54 am Just making sure I understand... You are selling a two year old horn with nothing wrong with it that plays extremely well, with no serious cosmetics issues.... to buy a slightly newer tuba (1year old?) of the same make and model?

Isn't that like divorcing your 23 year old trophy wife to marry her 21 year old sister?
What a terrible comparison. Most importantly a useless comment.
These users thanked the author BassaNova for the post:
christian.plays.tuba (Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:21 am)
christian.plays.tuba
Lurker

Post by christian.plays.tuba »

gocsick wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:54 am Just making sure I understand... You are selling a two year old horn with nothing wrong with it that plays extremely well, with no serious cosmetics issues.... to buy a slightly newer tuba (1year old?) of the same make and model?

Essentially I am. I know a guy that's selling one of the latest 836's with the factory slide stops among other improvements at a discounted price so I figured why not list my current one to see if I can get that one. I'm not in any rush to sell my current horn since It's fine as it is.
These users thanked the author christian.plays.tuba for the post:
gocsick (Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:25 pm)
:tuba: :thumbsup: