Miraphone 1281 Petruschka for Sale SOLD

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Mikelynch

Miraphone 1281 Petruschka for Sale SOLD

Post by Mikelynch »

This horn, I am selling for myself.

The horn was bought new in February 2020, immediately before the Covid shutdown, for use in a group I was playing with--great timing, huh? So it does not have a lot of mileage on it. These horns generally play well, though I do prefer this instrument over the others I have played.

The tuba would be in mint condition but for two dings in the bell (thank you, clumsy horn player who tipped over a music stand...but I digress...). A good repair person could minimize the impact. They look much more severe in the photos than in real life, as I needed the right lighting to make sure they could be seen.

The tuba is in Austin TX, and I am currently looking for a buyer who can pick it up locally. I'm asking $8,300, and it comes with your choice of the very nicely form fitting Miraphone gig bag, or a Cronkhite bag (both are in excellent condition).

Mike

Mik eL 3 9 85 a-t ma c.c om

Last edited by Mikelynch on Tue May 07, 2024 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bloke
Mid South Music

Re: Miraphone 1281 Petruschka for Sale

Post by bloke »

Probably the best of the Piston F tubas.

A dent hammer with the business end covered up by polishing cloth, and then probably going over with a roller with wax paper on it would take care of those two spots.
jtm

Post by jtm »

This tuba looks great in person, and Mike makes it sound wonderful. It has great intonation and a rich full sound with a solid low end.
John Morris
This practicing trick actually seems to be working!
playing some old German rotary tubas for free
Mikelynch

Post by Mikelynch »

Oh John, you make me blush! 😀. But thanks for the kind words!
jtm

Re: Miraphone 1281 Petruschka for Sale SOLD

Post by jtm »

I’m glad this sold, because I was really tempted.
John Morris
This practicing trick actually seems to be working!
playing some old German rotary tubas for free