FS: Eastman EBC836 $8500 OBO

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
1tang
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

FS: Eastman EBC836 $8500 OBO

Post by 1tang »

Hi all,

Up for sale is my lacquer EBC836 located in the LOS ANGELES area. Included is a very comfortable Superfine gig bag and the original hard case. I am the second owner, and to my knowledge it was purchased new in 2020 and was approved by Don Harry. Mason Soria of the L.A. Philharmonic has also called this horn "easy to play" and that it has a "very even sound". This is the easiest 836 I've ever played and it is VERY in tune.

Here are some photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QyReWVPm5PqRxScy8

Pictured are some cosmetic dents along the side and bottom bow. There is also the typical lacquer wear. (Ignore the tape around the leadpipe, that's a visualization tool for me.. will be removed.)

The horn has been cleaned and serviced and will have another check before purchase. I also purchased and replaced valve guides, felt, and had 5th valve updated by Don Sawday within the past 6 months.

Price is $8,500 local or best offer. NO TRADES! I would rather not ship, but if needed it will be at buyer's expense. I prefer communication through email @ nathan.michael.tang @ gmail . com
Last edited by 1tang on Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:31 pm, edited 8 times in total.

B&S 5099/2W - AT7Y Gold
1tang
Lurker

Re: FS: Eastman EBC836, AT3U, MAW Valves

Post by 1tang »

Hey again all,

For sale is a set of 4 MAW Valves for the Eastman EBC836. The original owner quit performing and has no use for them anymore. These fit in any 836 that predate serial numbers that start with Y24. $500 local, shipping at buyer's expense. Will be fully cleaned before sale.

Also for sale is an AT3U gold plated mouthpiece. Only selling because I need an American shank version. $180 shipped
B&S 5099/2W - AT7Y Gold
1tang
Lurker

Post by 1tang »

MAW valves sold.
B&S 5099/2W - AT7Y Gold
the elephant

Post by the elephant »

Interested in selling the gig bag separately?
1tang
Lurker

Post by 1tang »

If I find a buyer who chooses to just buy the tuba, sure. I'll keep you posted!
B&S 5099/2W - AT7Y Gold
1tang
Lurker

Re: FS: Eastman EBC836 $8500 OBO

Post by 1tang »

AT3U sold.
B&S 5099/2W - AT7Y Gold