East Coast trip: Piggy acquired

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
arpthark

Re: East Coast trip: Piggy acquired

Post by arpthark »

LeMark wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:32 am Just a little historical footnote here.

When I bought my 601 in 2013, it had couple of patches on the leadpipe. I ordered a new nickel silver leadpipe from cerveny, had it bent to better fit my height, and installed it.

It was terrible. The horn lost it's sweet sound and intonation got worse. I compared the two with a calpier and found the taper was dramatically different between the two. The new pope opened up a lot faster than the old one and then more or less turned cylindrical.

After suffering for a while with the new pipe I took it off and put the old one back, even with the (well done) patches.
Thanks for the warning. I will be sure to measure and check. I would hate to mess with the intonation of this Piggy, because it has the best of any Piggy I've played.

bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

I have one of those 1980s or 1990s fancy little Cerveny badges on one of my Jacob Winter cases, just in case you'd like an anti-theft device.

:smilie7:
arpthark

Post by arpthark »

bloke wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:44 pm I have one of those 1980s or 1990s fancy little Cerveny badges on one of my Jacob Winter cases, just in case you'd like an anti-theft device.

:smilie7:
world class grunt
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

:bugeyes: