FS/FT: Gnagey CC

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
unclemustash
Lurker

FS/FT: Gnagey CC

Post by unclemustash »

Up for sale or trade is a Gnagey 4/4 4+1 cc. It has a king body with a Holton monster eb bell and bow. Comes with a hard case (MTS). For a 100 year old bell+bow and maybe 70yr old? bugle this tuba is in great shape! Very minor dings and dents- this thing is like a little tank!

It’s right now my do-it-all tuba. It’s got a unique, full sound and it’s even in all registers. This tuba has an efficient output producing a big sound with pretty low effort, I would guess due to its smaller bore size. Maybe it’s the older, thicker brass in the bell or the tight wrap or the 19inch bell flare but this thing really resonates. Not a professional by any means but I would describe the sound as open, responsive and antique-y in a good way.

I have played in large and small groups and found this horn to fit right in with all of them. The intonation is spot on with little to no slide pulling. I'm selling to fund a rotary C as my next tubaventure.

Selling for $4300. https://photos.app.goo.gl/qSzXu28qSao2o56DA

Too new on the forum for DMs but email tubamustash@gmail.com for more info.

Horn is located in Hudson Valley NY. Prefer not to ship. Also interested in trades for rotary Cs (but open to other trades as well!)

-Noah
Last edited by unclemustash on Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author unclemustash for the post (total 2):
arpthark (Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:27 am) • hrender (Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:33 am)

arpthark

Re: FS/FT: Gnagey CC

Post by arpthark »

I have dealt with this seller before and he is awesome, a very nice guy, and had a cute dog/travel companion to boot. Good luck with the sale!
These users thanked the author arpthark for the post:
unclemustash (Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:17 am)
Blake
unclemustash
Lurker

Re: FS/FT: Gnagey CC

Post by unclemustash »

Was-on-hold-but-available-again bump!