FS: Wessex Champion Eb tuba & Mack Brass comp euph

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
ghmerrill
Has thanked: 0

FS: Wessex Champion Eb tuba & Mack Brass comp euph

Post by ghmerrill »

For several different reasons I've decided to move away from tuba/euphonium playing and focus entirely on bass trombone (in a big band context). Consequently I'm selling my wonderful Wessex Champion Eb horn and also my Mack Brass (Yamaha 641 clone) compensating euphonium. In order to avoid a lot of the hassle of a sale, shipping, etc., I put both of these on consignment at The Tuba Exchange, and they're very good at doing this sort of thing -- especially any shipping involved. I'll miss both these horns (particularly the tuba), but I just don't see enjoyable playing opportunities for me in that direction around here in the future -- and someone ought to be using them.

Both horns are in excellent condition and have been well taken care of, cleaned regularly and maintained. Each of them comes with the original (cumbersome, but extremely protective) case, and also with a gig bag. In the case of the tuba, it's a Gard which is actually quite good (though not the "mid-suspension" one), and for the euph, is a Protec -- suitable for transportation in your car, but I wouldn't lean on it more heavily than that. When I got each of them, I replaced the springs with Yamaha springs, replaced the felts and cork spacers with high quality ones, and replaced the water key corks with Valentino synthetic ones. And then kept up with that over time.

I should mention that the euph has a very slight kind of "wrinkle" surface denting (not really denting, but you know what I mean) for a couple of inches where the lower end of the bell section joins the body. But it's hard to notice and isn't visible in photos.

In fairly short order I'll also be putting up several tuba and euph mouthpieces for sale here (though I'm keeping my DE euph piece since it has a shank that fits my goofy Amati oval euph. ​

I'll be happy to answer any questions about them, but in terms of buying, that will need to go through the TE. Here are links to the listings:
Wessex Tuba https://www.tubaexchange.com/collection ... p-eeb-tuba
Mack Brass euph: https://www.tubaexchange.com/collection ... -euphonium

I have others that I can upload if anyone is interested.
These users thanked the author ghmerrill for the post:
the elephant (Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:25 pm)

Gary Merrill
Amati Oval Euph (DE 104, Euph J, J6 euph)
1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba (with std US receiver), Kelly 25
OhTubaGuy

Re: FS: Wessex Champion Eb tuba & Mack Brass comp euph

Post by OhTubaGuy »

I purchased this euphonium at Tuba Exchange. @ghmerrill took excellent care of the euphonium and I had a great experience at Tuba Exchange.

Bump for the Wessex Eb. I suspect that horn was also very well maintained!
OhTubaGuy
Gnagey/Martin Mammoth BBb
King BBb sousaphone