Wind band conducting workshop

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
ronr

Wind band conducting workshop

Post by ronr »

I finished up the most wonderful playing opportunity that I’ve experienced, well, since I did this last year. The University of Minnesota bands put on a workshop where they bring in conductors at all levels, and a couple of clinicians (Robert Ambrose from Georgia and Emily Threinen from MN). One of the activities is they have a reading band composed of the participants and selected community members. I’ve been lucky enough to be one of the community members for the past couple years. It’s a marvelous and challenging experience to play with people who play better than you do, and to get to experience a variety of different conducting styles, and to learn from people at the top of their field.
These users thanked the author ronr for the post (total 5):
bloke (Sat Jul 20, 2024 5:58 am) • York-aholic (Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:14 am) • MN_TimTuba (Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:03 am) • Pauvog1 (Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:01 pm) • Big Francis (Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:32 am)