NM

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
the elephant

NM

Post by the elephant »

New Mexico :smilie8:

Schlitzz

Re: NM

Post by Schlitzz »

Charlie Foxtrot….

Central Florida

Carbon Fiber
These users thanked the author Schlitzz for the post:
the elephant (Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:25 am)
Yamaha 641
Hirsbrunner Euph

I hate broccoli.
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

field officer
Schlitzz

Post by Schlitzz »

Fried Okra

Fresh Oranges
Yamaha 641
Hirsbrunner Euph

I hate broccoli.
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

Fluorescent Orange
If it’s tourist season, why can’t we shoot them?
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

foul fowl out

MikeS

Post by MikeS »

the elephant wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:30 pm New Mexico :smilie8:
Here in the midwest, if you ask for your fried eggs, “Christmas style,” all you get is a look that can range from puzzled to hostile. In the Land of Enchantment you get eggs covered in red and green chiles; an immersive breakfast experience. :teeth:
These users thanked the author MikeS for the post (total 2):
the elephant (Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:44 am) • bloke (Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:47 pm)
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

In our family when I was growing up...
At the dinner table, my mother, my sister, my brother and I would play this dumb game where someone would talk about something, the next person would pick up on one word that the previous person said and use it as a hinge word to totally change the subject, go on talking about something else based on that word, the next person would pick up from there grabbing another word in that JibJab and completely change the subject again and so on.
My Dad (president of one of Sears seven regional Credit Unions - as is side job - as well as having well over 200 people under his direct management, plus overseeing the original computerization of Sears in the early days of computers) had to deal with talking to stupid people all day at work, he didn't have a lot of patience for that, and - after a while - he would say "That's enough".

I think it's pretty funny, and I wish we would do it more often here (sort of like the above) except continue it on and on and on and on and on. It's more fun than trolling someone, because we're all participating in it, no one ends up being the butt of the joke.

That having been revealed, I've witnessed my wife and her two sisters do that without trying to be funny and without even using a hinge word. One will talk about something and the next one will catch them taking a breath, completely change the subject, and talk about something they want to talk about and so on. All of them are loud when they are doing this.
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

bloke wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:51 pm .... I've witnessed my wife and her two sisters do that without trying to be funny and without even using a hinge word. One will talk about something and the next one will catch them taking a breath, completely change the subject, and talk about something they want to talk about and so on. All of them are loud when they are doing this.
Maybe that's why I find talking within a group of women so confusing.

I do have some creaky hinges on outside doors in my house and leave them that way because if I found a lubricant to make them silent, I'd have less notice if someone uninvited were coming in and therefore less notice to grab the defense weapon.
These users thanked the author Mary Ann for the post:
bloke (Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:20 am)
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

...so have most of you noticed that whenever you've done a midnight mass on Christmas Eve - and it ends up with everyone holding up lit candles and singing Silent Night - that the tuba is never asked to play along? It seems to me that we could use that as an opportunity to sneak out ahead of everyone else and head home, since it's already 12:15 in the morning on Christmas Day.