AVAILABLE (very limited) - Sellmansberg IIa (my final adaptation/version of a Helleberg II-style)

For Tuba/Euphonium retail products and services.

Moderator: Retail Partner

bloke
Mid South Music

AVAILABLE (very limited) - Sellmansberg IIa (my final adaptation/version of a Helleberg II-style)

Post by bloke »

I have my FINAL adaptation of the "Helleberg II" (several versions throughout the tuba mouthpiece industry) style mouthpiece.

This final alteration (a smaller throat) seems to have done the trick (at least, for me).

I will be A/B-ing it this weekend at the "Hocus Pocus" (live orchestra to film) gig.

WERE IT THAT I did NOT like it right off that bat (as I DO LIKE IT), I wouldn't even bother to A/B it.

This may (??) be the first "Helleberg" type of mouthpiece (and there are basically two different styles - the Conn 120-ish larger ones, and those which are a bit smaller...such as the II's the 7B's and so on) that actually felt/sounded good to me and responded well for me.

I only have a HANDFUL of this test run...and I'll be KEEPING one of them.

I ONLY had them run off in STANDARD shank.

They are the same price as all of the other "let's see what happens with this" PRE-PRODUCTION mouthpieces that I've offered - $150 (production ones - later - will be $200 ea.) ...and (as with the others that I've offered for only $150) no refund requests, please...just sell yours to someone else (or add it to your "display" - LOL), if it's not for you.

yeah...I like it...even though it's a "Helleberg" (LOL...though the RIM, THROAT, and BACK-BORE are ALL "not" Helleberg II-ish).

ONE person has consistently expressed interest in this final alteration version, so I should hold one for them...so LESS than a handful.

' sorry this took so long (kept being pulled away by other life-stuff).

Heavy_Metal

Re: AVAILABLE (very limited) - Sellmansberg IIa (my final adaptation/version of a Helleberg II-style)

Post by Heavy_Metal »

I'll take two.
These users thanked the author Heavy_Metal for the post:
bloke (Fri Oct 11, 2024 12:24 pm)
Principal tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Old (early 1900s?) Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3P BBb Helicon
Old Alex Comp.F, in shop
bloke
Mid South Music

Re: AVAILABLE (very limited) - Sellmansberg IIa (my final adaptation/version of a Helleberg II-style)

Post by bloke »

Other than the one that I'm obviously keeping here as a model - and to use for certain things, there's only one left available to sell. I have a university studio teacher friend (low brass professor) who indicated that they would buy one, but I don't want to foist it on them (just in case they were just being nice). I'd rather someone actively ask to purchase it.
Again, I'll run a whole bunch more later, but they will be full price. I really appreciate those of you who purchase those from these small batches which helped fund the so-called "research".