Yamaha YBB-103 Tuba with case and mouthpiece

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
laricciotuba
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Yamaha YBB-103 Tuba with case and mouthpiece

Post by laricciotuba »

Yamaha YBB-103 Tuba with case and mouthpiece. In good shape and playing condition. This is definitely one of the nicer 103's that we have seen. They are hard to find and are no longer made. These are one of the best playing three valve BBb tubas. This tuba is light and easy to play. There is light lacquer wear and dings. All the slides and valves move well. This is a solid playing 3 valve front action tuba. Make this your home practice tuba or your main horn. Any questions please ask. Additional photos by email. $1099 Thank you
Attachments
s-l1600-1.jpg
s-l1600-1.jpg (43.27 KiB) Viewed 1795 times

LeMark
Site Admin

Re: Yamaha YBB-103 Tuba with case and mouthpiece

Post by LeMark »

love these horns, even with three valves.
Yep, I'm Mark
Dan Schultz
Band Instrument Repair

Post by Dan Schultz »

FYI... this 103 is version 2. It has a .040" larger bore than the version 1 of the same horn.
HoltonMammoth
Been thanked: 0

Post by HoltonMammoth »

Dan Schultz wrote:FYI... this 103 is version 2. It has a .040" larger bore than the version 1 of the same horn.

That is very good information. I found the early version very stuffy, though it may have been because it needed an alignment.

How can you tell?
Dan Schultz
Band Instrument Repair

Post by Dan Schultz »

HoltonMammoth wrote:
Dan Schultz wrote:FYI... this 103 is version 2. It has a .040" larger bore than the version 1 of the same horn.

That is very good information. I found the early version very stuffy, though it may have been because it needed an alignment.

How can you tell?
A quick indicator is the 'dogleg' out of the top of the #1 casing. It's a true dogleg with ends that are in line. The version 1 is curved. I mentioned that the version 2 has a .040" larger bore but that's difficult to see even with both horns side by side. The valve sections are slightly different. The pistons will also interchange but of course that's not a good idea since the bores are different. The large bows and bell are the same.
Schlepporello

Post by Schlepporello »

If you're anywhere near Bushland, Texas, the band director is snapping up as many of these horns as he can.
TubaForum.net Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
There are three things that I can never remember.
1)...................?
OK, make that four.