for double-low B-flat fans...

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
bloke
Mid South Music

Re: for double-low B-flat fans...

Post by bloke »

Three Valves wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:22 am
bloke wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:29 pm
*All of the original quartet's (Mark's father and uncles) houses were within two blocks to 11/2 miles of my boyhood home, and notice the address of their music store (link below)...Our elementary school really was directly across the street, at 3950 Summer Avenue...
Was that six lane road a gravel street then??

I remember the first time I ever crossed it (4 years old - with my 15-year-old sister...she took me to McDonald's, and I had JUST learned how to ride a bike) it was 6-lanes plus a turn lane, but was concrete (not yet ever having been paved over with asphalt) and the curbs were huge...probably a foot high. Today, the curbs are all but gone, as there are so many layers of asphalt over that original concrete base.

This was that same McDonald's in 1963 (about 3/4 mile east of that elementary school and the Blackwoods' store) - a few years after my first trip across Summer Avenue. (The McDonald's is still there today, but has been torn down and enlarged several times.)