Cerveny Tubas

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
DonO.

Re: Cerveny Tubas

Post by DonO. »

Jim Laabs is unfortunately infamous for bait and switch. No matter what brand of tuba you want, they never have anything in stock except their Chinese-made Schiller line, which they inevitably try to steer potential buyers towards. Because they can actually complete a sale with those rather than messing around with goods they can’t deliver.

King 2341 “new style”
Kanstul 902-3B
Conn Helleberg Standard 120- for the King.
Conn Helleberg 7B- for the Kanstul.
Looking for: minty Amati or Cerveny 681, Kanstul 902-4B
Estubist

Re: Cerveny Tubas

Post by Estubist »

Since Amati Denak / Cerveny got into trouble, some German dealers have been trying to get rid of the instruments they stocked. So last year I took the opportunity to sell my old Amati and buy a new Cerveny CBB686-4B Symphonia 3 at a lower price. I have not regretted it now after one year. Response, intonation and sound are much better. Bore is 0,835’’, bell 17,7’’, Minibal, weight 9,3 kg. Using the 2nd slide trigger took a little getting used to. Due to the shortness, in case of long tones with 2-4-combination it may be appropriate to pull the fourth slide. All in all I’m very pleased with my Cerveny.
These users thanked the author Estubist for the post:
hrender (Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:10 am)
Schenkelaars rotary Eb, Cerveny BBb, Thomann 4+1 comp. Eb