a type of music that you've never played that you wish you had played or wish that you do play?

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
GC

Re: a type of music that you've never played that you wish you had played or wish that you do play?

Post by GC »

I'd want to be in a Tower of Power cover band on bass. I wish I COULD play like Rocco.
These users thanked the author GC for the post:
bloke (Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:40 pm)

Packer/Sterling JP377 compensating Eb; Mercer & Barker MBUZ5 (Tim Buzbee "Lone ☆ Star" F-tuba mouthpiece), Mercer & Barker MB3; for sale: Conn Monster Eb 1914, Fillmore Bros 1/4 Eb ca. 1905 antique (still plays), Bach 42B trombone
bloke
Mid South Music

Re: a type of music that you've never played that you wish you had played or wish that you do play?

Post by bloke »

I love horn bands, @GC :hearteyes:

A recently-deceased friend from my high school (senior when I was a beginner...played the Rimsky Korsakov trombone concerto in the 12th grade with the band) formed a horn band a few years ago...He already had cancer...It (is) a great band...They have continued on...a bunch of 7X-year-olds rockin' out !
2bahawk

Post by 2bahawk »

Jazz ala Tuba Skinny or D. Fidgety....
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Something like this…

bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

' sounds like a South American version of "Ghost Riders" :bugeyes:
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

bloke wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:56 am ' sounds like a South American version of "Ghost Riders" :bugeyes:
This particular group is from Oaxaca in southern Mexico. The lyrics, when sung, are basically, a father saying, “Don’t forget that it’s all a mystery.” To which the son replies, “Cool, old man.” It does sound like “Ghost Riders” but I’m not sure Stan Jones could have envisioned that rhythm section.

Last summer there were several houses in my neighborhood that had work done on them. I heard a lot of banda and Norteno music played as the work was being done. I had some good talks with the workers while they ate lunch and got exposed to a lot of (to me) new music. The only tuba CD they tended to like was Patrick Sheridan’s “Lollipops.” Several of them commented that he would make a good banda player.