Mouthpiece Rim Sizes

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
Mary Ann

Re: Mouthpiece Rim Sizes

Post by Mary Ann »

I still like my idea of having the "combo of cups, rims, and shanks" available to send out for someone to play with for a couple of days, rather than just one or two at a time. That would make higher level players able to make a "best" choice within that line, and would allow lower level players to realize that it isn't the mouthpiece that is the problem, although they could still make a best choice for where they are in their development, hopefully with the help of a teacher or good listener.

bloke
Mid South Music

Re: Mouthpiece Rim Sizes

Post by bloke »

Mary Ann wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:35 am I still like my idea of having the "combo of cups, rims, and shanks" available to send out for someone to play with for a couple of days, rather than just one or two at a time. That would make higher level players able to make a "best" choice within that line, and would allow lower level players to realize that it isn't the mouthpiece that is the problem, although they could still make a best choice for where they are in their development, hopefully with the help of a teacher or good listener.
I assume people know this, but I'm willing to send out as much stuff as someone will pay for (along with shipping, and the non-recoverable credit card processing fee).
I'm hoping they will (at least) keep some of it, and not return any of it nicked up - claiming they didn't drop it.

Please - though - ask your spouses or parents for permission before ordering, so as to avoid making up other reasons for returning all of it. :laugh: