Miraphone model 98 B-flat playing characteristics and learning curve - VIDEO added on PAGE 10

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.

Name it:

The Behemoth
28%
Feldon Minus One
No votes
Too Little Too Late
10%
Back-Breaker
7%
Blue-Screen (ref: Windows 98)
No votes
F@t B@st@rd
55%

Total votes: 29

pjv

Re: Miraphone model 98 B-flat playing characteristics and learning curve - VIDEO added on PAGE 10

Post by pjv »

On my 497 I've been using either the Imperial+profundo or the symphony. Regardless I've noticed that music I previously might have chosen to play on a smaller tuba I've now been doing on the 497.
Obviously I'm doing this because I like it. It's easier. Intonation wise but also response. Probably something to do with hand-made parts resonating in a way that make it easier (for me) to play and the tuba being a really well made instrument in all regards.
I haven't worried to date about the front end not being enough. If it's ever not enough I know my colleagues will tell me (if I haven't already figured this out myself).
These users thanked the author pjv for the post:
bloke (Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:55 am)

bloke
Mid South Music

Re: Miraphone model 98 B-flat playing characteristics and learning curve - VIDEO added on PAGE 10

Post by bloke »

Okay. I'll go ahead and admit that the thing that I switched to is the first thing you mentioned, and the thing that I switched from is the second thing that you mentioned.
These users thanked the author bloke for the post:
Lch3 (Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:38 am)
pjv

Post by pjv »

Part of a New Year’s resolution?
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

pjv wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:24 pm Part of a New Year’s resolution?
prompted by "stuff that goes through my head when working in the shop, when driving to a gig, or when one of those horrible all-of-them-are-the-same hallmark-ish movies is playing on the TV - while I'm trying to drift off to sleep..."