Cerveny models from Josef Lidl

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
bort2.0

Re: Cerveny models from Josef Lidl

Post by bort2.0 »

bloke wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:46 am I don’t recall anyone posting about purchasing a gleaming new one of these.
Maybe 8 or 10 years ago, someone posted a new 6/4 Cerveny CC on the board, which was only like a year or two old. I think it was $4000-something and relatively local to me at the time. He said he bought it from Dillon... I'm guessing it was one of the last to be bought new from there. Matt had always told me.that it was possible to order a new Cerveny, but for the same money there were so many better options that nobody bothered to do that

I considered it, but ultimately passed. Besides not seeing the value, it had the weird-to-me LH paddle for the fifth valve. Plus, every old 6/4 Cerveny that I've played vibrated (er.. "resonated") like an old metal trash can. Maybe the new ones played better... And this one was super pretty ... But all the same, I passed on it.

bloke
Mid South Music

Re: Cerveny models from Josef Lidl

Post by bloke »

bort2.0 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:14 am …6/4… …that I've played vibrated (er.. "resonated") like an old metal trash can.
There is a new 6/4 B-flat out there - that people are raving about, but it impresses me in the very same way. (no further comment)