497-B Miraphone

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
Tubeast

Re: 497-B Miraphone

Post by Tubeast »

That´s one cool tuba!
That unlaquered / patina look is great, too, if it weren´t for stains on hands and clothes.
(I marched with my unlaquered helikon on a hot day this summer. Stains at the shoulder of my woollen "Tracht" vest likely have come to stay, says the laundry pro I handed it to :smilie6: ...)

bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

I'm glad that they were able to address everything on your punch list. That's wonderful.

Regarding the original mouthpipe, I wonder if part of the problem with it was that it was 90° to the bell - going around the bell. The classic kaiser mouthpipes dipped down, and then went up as they went around the bell. Actually, the 98 model follows this tradition. I actually lowered the instrument in order to play it more comfortably: the adulterated keyboard bench, etc.

Some of those mouthpipes in that collection - that our military European musician friend has for sale - demonstrate the classic kaiser bend pattern.
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

If you don't mind saying what the MTS cost -- my Star came back with a clearly Miraphone-made, additional, shorter tuning slide that he called "the brass band tuning slide." Which I don't use, but wondering what it cost him.
Have fun with your new toy that I suspect will never be sold.
pjv

Post by pjv »

In euro’s
Before taxes
Without import or shipping costs
And made in gold brass
€140,88
That’s including the labor involved.
Cheers
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

There's nothing better than taking a really good instrument and making it into a even better fit.