WTB Flight Case MW182

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
When making a listing for large or expensive items, please include your budget and location. That will help you match with a seller that might have the item you are looking for
Doug

WTB Flight Case MW182

Post by Doug »

Does anyone have one they want to sell or know where I can buy a new one?

Doug Black
Assistant Professor of Music, Alabama A&M University
Eastman Tuba Artist
bloke
Mid South Music

Re: WTB Flight Case MW182

Post by bloke »

What is your definition of a "flight case"?

I wouldn't put any tuba underneath an airliner in any type of case, but - by "flight case" - some people just mean "really sturdy hard case", and really don't plan to do any flying with their instrument. Even others consider SKB/MTS to be "flight cases" (simply because they're solid), and the one show below (in my firm belief) is tougher than those.

This fits a YBB-105-size tuba, and is very sturdy...but it would probably have to accept your tuba face-down:

There is also a front-action JP B-flat tuba that is the same body size (much like a YBB-621, but not a complete copy, valve-section-wise) that is FRONT-action.

I don't know if that front-action version of the case is offered separately, but I could find out.

You could have the pictured one for less than the price of a fancy-brand bag, and (maybe) the front-action-oriented version (again, if - ?? - also sold individually).

I have no idea if either version is ("case only") in the USA JP warehouse, right now.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Normally I don't like to put an instrument under the plane but sometimes options are limited when a university is flying you out for an audition.
Doug Black
Eastman Tuba Artist
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

I just sent off an inquiry to see if the front-action version is available as a separate (case only) accessory.

If "yes", it should fit the old YBB-103, the YBB-621, the YCB-621, and the YFB-621...as well as (likely...??) your 182.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Thanks!
Doug Black
Eastman Tuba Artist