Brass Quintet rehearsal techniques.

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
York-aholic

Brass Quintet rehearsal techniques.

Post by York-aholic »

While trying to find ways to improve my chamber music playing, I turned to the source of all knowledge and found this on Youtube.

Good Stuff for sure:

Some old Yorks, Martins, and perhaps a King rotary valved CC
sweaty

Re: Brass Quintet rehearsal techniques.

Post by sweaty »

Hilarious!
These users thanked the author sweaty for the post:
bloke (Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:24 am)
bloke
Mid South Music

Post by bloke »

When looking towards a quintet gig - and the pay is extravagant enough to afford a rehearsal, if anyone isn’t ready to play their parts, they’re sort of (albeit politely/unspoken) looked upon as a bit of (well) a dolt. I’m not saying that they’re “shunned”, nor that the others don’t strive to help them along…

The only exception might be sight-reading an extremely difficult piece which was just set on the stands in front of people’s faces, and there are no online performances of the piece available for auditing.

Even with some of these “tongue twister” compositions out there (composers such as such as David Sampson, as an example), there are good performances online (or downloadable for a buck) that can be used to assist in preparing to rehearse them.
These users thanked the author bloke for the post:
York-aholic (Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:52 pm)
Vegasbound

Post by Vegasbound »

:laugh: :laugh: