FS: JW York and Sons 3V Eb Tuba - $400 OBO

Read forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
braymond21
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

FS: JW York and Sons 3V Eb Tuba - $400 OBO

Post by braymond21 »

JW York and Sons 3-Valve Eb Tuba
Plays great!
I've been told it's a short bell model, not the long bell one
It's been given an ultrasonic cleaning, silver polish (as best as I could get it), and given new synthetic felts and water key corks
The valves have some wear but still work great
I did a bit of dent work to the bell but there are still a number of small-medium dents throughout the horn
There are a number of "ugly, but it works" repairs done to the bracings in the past
The leadpipe has been moved upwards to accommodate a more comfortable playing angle and the tuning slide has an extension to help it play more in tune
It's not much of a looker but it plays great! Someone obviously loved it enough to have lots of repairs and modifications done to it and it's a neat horn. I'd love to keep it but I just don't play tuba that often and it deserves to see some use
Local pickup in Santa Barbara CA is preferred but I may be able to arrange shipping at the buyer's expensive, although it'll be quite expensive

Pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4CLiMmonTJqnYzz46

Alex C

Re: FS: JW York and Sons 3V Eb Tuba - $400 OBO

Post by Alex C »

That's a great price. Lots of people like to putter with these horns, you can putter with a guilt-free conscience for $400, IMHO.