horn player, via feet

Tubas, euphoniums, mouthpieces, and anything music-related.
Forum rules
This section is for posts that are directly related to performance, performers, or equipment. Social issues are allowed, as long as they are directly related to those categories. If you see a post that you cannot respond to with respect and courtesy, we ask that you do not respond at all.
Mcordon1

horn player, via feet

Post by Mcordon1 »

:clap:
These users thanked the author Mcordon1 for the post (total 2):
rodgeman (Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:11 pm) • Yorkboy (Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:38 pm)

Mary Ann

Re: horn player, via feet

Post by Mary Ann »

I see he is finally getting some recognition....a fine player, and they never show the bell so I wonder if there is a "fixed fake hand" in it for proper sound. He still has to do some embouchure note bending for intonation but if the instrument has pretty wide slots (like my Schmid does) it is possible to play in tune that way.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wow! People whine/complain about and make excuses for the most trivial stupid crap all the time. This guy had what most people would consider significant obstacles, but did he whine about it? Nope. He just did it. And he did it with excellence. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
These users thanked the author Doc for the post (total 2):
Yorkboy (Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:37 pm) • MN_TimTuba (Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:39 pm)
Welcome to Browntown!
Home of the Brown Note!
KingTuba1241X

Post by KingTuba1241X »

Doc wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:47 am Wow! People whine/complain about and make excuses for the most trivial stupid crap all the time. This guy had what most people would consider significant obstacles, but did he whine about it? Nope. He just did it. And he did it with excellence. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
And with a decent pedicure for the concert to boot (no pun intendid). I suppose if we ever see any French Horn for sale photos with toes in frame, we can't be too upset with him. :laugh: Otherwise, 100% spot on. The guy's really a trooper.
These users thanked the author KingTuba1241X for the post:
Doc (Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:40 am)
06' Miraphone 187-4U
matt g

Post by matt g »

Mary Ann wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:05 am I see he is finally getting some recognition....a fine player, and they never show the bell so I wonder if there is a "fixed fake hand" in it for proper sound. He still has to do some embouchure note bending for intonation but if the instrument has pretty wide slots (like my Schmid does) it is possible to play in tune that way.
They show the horn in the video in a stand with an open bell.

Updated with images…

Dillon/Walters CC (sold)
Meinl-Weston 2165 (sold)
bort2.0

Post by bort2.0 »

Wait... Did my earlier post get deleted?
Yorkboy

Post by Yorkboy »

This is absolutely outstanding. Thank you for sharing it!
bort2.0

Post by bort2.0 »

bort2.0 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:59 pm Wait... Did my earlier post get deleted?
I'm guessing it did, because I'm on Mark's shirt-list right now...?

Anyway, there is a YouTube channel named Tisha Unarmed, which is made by a woman who is named Tisha and has no arms. It's pretty amazing to see how she does just about everything that people with arms can do. I can't imagine how much more difficult life is for her than it is for most people.

Same with this French Horn player, it's pretty incredible to see this. And when I see things like this, it makes me think that not very long ago, people would have never had the combination of support and opportunity to make something like this into a reality. I hate to think how many armless (or otherwise disabled) people may have lived and walked this earth, but not had the opportunity to discover or develop their talents. People can be pretty amazing.
tofu

Post by tofu »